Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's a good issue. First, I HATE the start/stop mode. When I got the car, I set up an INDIVIDUAL Drivers Mode that turns OFF the Start/Stop feature. Everytime you get in the car, it reverts to COMFORT mode which turns the Start/Stop mode ON. Everytime I started the car, I would push the Drivers Mode button a few times to get to INDIVIDUAL mode (which also had some changes to brakes and steering)
I was away over the winter and was driving another car without Start/Stop mode and kind of forgot about it when I returned to my XC40. A few weeks later I noticed the Start/Stop mode was never activated when I started the car and upon checking, I was in COMFORT mode. Now I did have a systems upgrade, The only time the Start/Stop mode comes on is if I push the button on the console.

Is my car "broken" for the good! Or did Volvo change something? I thought they defaulted to Start/Stop as a gas saver method to bump up their EPA mileage rating. Very confused. What is everyone else experiencing?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My XC40 T5 R-Design has an on/off switch on the Sensus to activate or deactivate the start/ stop function regardless of what mode or profile is being used. This may be different for different countries however depending on you location. I have mine deactivated as I do not like it and it stays deactivated regardless of who's profile or what mode is being used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts