Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When charging, I see 1~ next to the amps.

What does this mean?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Looking at your charge rate of 2miles/h I would guess that ~1 means you are getting approx 1 amp of current.

What ever it was plugged into was not doing well.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
86 Posts
Have not been able to charge our brand new one, but if this is in the USA it might indicate "single phase electric" as in some European countries they have "3 phase electric" available at homes and businesses. Our new XC40 P8 is in the shop after 300 miles and 4 days. Took them 2 days to "learn" it is a bad IHU (I told them that but I don't work for them). Now we wait.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Have not been able to charge our brand new one, but if this is in the USA it might indicate "single phase electric" as in some European countries they have "3 phase electric" available at homes and businesses. Our new XC40 P8 is in the shop after 300 miles and 4 days. Took them 2 days to "learn" it is a bad IHU (I told them that but I don't work for them). Now we wait.
They should listen to you as we sadly know more than them.

Volvo should pay someone to collate data from here and provide a document for dealerships to read.

Or dealerships could stop being lazy and log in here and read. I tried to suggest this at my dealership and got poo pood.

Reactions: ShellyATX

·
Registered
270 Posts
Single phase - the only kind we have in residential US markets. Commercial buildings may have three phase power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They should listen to you as we sadly know more than them.

Volvo should pay someone to collate data from here and provide a document for dealerships to read.

Or dealerships could stop being lazy and log in here and read. I tried to suggest this at my dealership and got poo pood.
I believe some dealers do. My sales person actually went on this forum when she helped me to fix the missing map on the main dash.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I believe some dealers do. My sales person actually went on this forum when she helped me to fix the missing map on the main dash.
Very nice! Actually from the poll I posted on another thread:

From this small data set more folks are happy with their sales staff than unhappy.

I need to remember this and not making sweeping statements re sales staff :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
The ~1 only appears with the latest update and it means single phase.

We have 220v coming from the power lines in the US, which is split into 110volt single phase for your house through the breaker panel, but you can still get 220v by connecting both hot wires through the breaker.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The ~1 only appears with the latest update and it means single phase.

We have 220v coming from the power lines in the US, which is split into 110volt single phase for your house through the breaker panel, but you can still get 220v by connecting both hot wires through the breaker.
The phase readout in the US is useless, I’d like my Voltage readout back, please!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts