Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, but it isn;t a complaint.. i'm just curious if my wife's XC40 should include the charger.
there's a rubber mat below the center display. there are no markings, or trays, like i've seen in photos of older models.
when the car is running, i've tried placing my wife's Apple XR (good for wireless charging) without it's case, on it's back, in every possible location on the mat - including the centered position. there is no indicator in the 40's 'functions' view display that the charger is on, or working - and there's no reaction from the phone, that it's charging.

so i'm wondering if maybe this year / model / pkg doesn't have this feature.

i figured i'd ask a group of XC40 owners about this, before asking the dealer. if you folks could help wise me up - one way or the other - i'll have an idea how to respond if the dealer tells me that mine doesn't have the charging feature.

thanks

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My P8 has this feature and I actively avoid it. To the point that I added a usb c to lightning charging cable last night.

Why? Charging via induction in the car produces a hotter phone than I have experienced over many years of having iPhones. Made me worry it might damage the phone or make it catch fire. It was also really slow compared to cable charging. So happy to have a charging cable again :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The wireless charging pad in not included in the Premium package. It is included in the Advanced package. If you don't also have the birds eye view camera or headlight washers, you don't have the Advanced package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts