Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2022 xc40 recharge in June of this year.
By July, I had to drive it 176 kms to my dealer because the automatic software update stopped Google assistant from working. The problem was rectified, they had to select UK not AUS for some reason??? Now my google speaks in a British accent, no problem, it sounds like Joanne Froggart from Downton Abbey.
Yesterday afternoon after work I hopped into my Volvo and THREE warnings appeared on the screen- driver assist, crash avoidance and headlamps, oh, and all cameras ceased working.
I called roadside assist and was passed on to RACT as there's no Volvo service out here in nowheresville ( rural TAS) So, I waved goodbye as my Volvo disappeared into the sunset on the back of a tow truck 馃槥 the service centre called this morning and said that it may take a while because they have to keep contacting Volvo for advice and Volvo are slow at getting back to them!
So, they're hiring me a rental, not a Volvo and I'm waiting for the outcome.
I was shocked to hear that the RACT guy said that they are constantly ferrying new EVs, all makes back to Launceston! ( my nearest Volvo dealer)
Don't get me wrong, I love this car but I think that they may have rushed this vehicle onto the market and I and many others may be the Volvo Guinea Pigs.

Registered
Hi
Sorry to hear you having so many problems.
I have had my p8 for a year .
I have had one problem in all that time.
Very minor aircon cutting off.
Needed an update .
No issues since.
I am sure once it鈥檚 ironed out all will be well.

Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
I bought my 2022 xc40 recharge in June of this year.
By July, I had to drive it 176 kms to my dealer because the automatic software update stopped Google assistant from working. The problem was rectified, they had to select UK not AUS for some reason??? Now my google speaks in a British accent, no problem, it sounds like Joanne Froggart from Downton Abbey.
Yesterday afternoon after work I hopped into my Volvo and THREE warnings appeared on the screen- driver assist, crash avoidance and headlamps, oh, and all cameras ceased working.
I called roadside assist and was passed on to RACT as there's no Volvo service out here in nowheresville ( rural TAS) So, I waved goodbye as my Volvo disappeared into the sunset on the back of a tow truck 馃槥 the service centre called this morning and said that it may take a while because they have to keep contacting Volvo for advice and Volvo are slow at getting back to them!
So, they're hiring me a rental, not a Volvo and I'm waiting for the outcome.
I was shocked to hear that the RACT guy said that they are constantly ferrying new EVs, all makes back to Launceston! ( my nearest Volvo dealer)
Don't get me wrong, I love this car but I think that they may have rushed this vehicle onto the market and I and many others may be the Volvo Guinea Pigs.
Not good...hope the dealer can resolve it for you quickly. Keep us posted. We're over in the USA for a month...left our car at the airport (covered) parking and I'm dreading return to find a "brick"...fingers crossed it will be OK. I stupidly parked up against a wall with the passenger side close, so if the car won't unlock we'll be screwed as the manual emergency key cylinder is on the passenger front door in AUS.

Registered
Not good...hope the dealer can resolve it for you quickly. Keep us posted. We're over in the USA for a month...left our car at the airport (covered) parking and I'm dreading return to find a "brick"...fingers crossed it will be OK. I stupidly parked up against a wall with the passenger side close, so if the car won't unlock we'll be screwed as the manual emergency key cylinder is on the passenger front door in AUS.
Your car should be okay. It seems as likely to fail during use as when not used. I would bet your car will be completely fine when you get home. Have left mine for weeks numerous times and was unaffected.

From what the OP tow driver said this is happening to all makes of evs which does not help but 鈥

When do you get back to Aus?

To the OP. Hope they find a fed quick and get it sorted efficiently. Good luck.

Registered
Your car should be okay. It seems as likely to fail during use as when not used. I would bet your car will be completely fine when you get home. Have left mine for weeks numerous times and was unaffected.

From what the OP tow driver said this is happening to all makes of evs which does not help but 鈥

My partner flies back on about the 22nd...I fly back about a week later...so that's kinda why I'm freaking out as my partner wanted a Tesla and I wanted the Volvo. If the Volvo doesn't fire up for him I'll never hear the end of it! ;)

Registered
My partner flies back on about the 22nd...I fly back about a week later...so that's kinda why I'm freaking out as my partner wanted a Tesla and I wanted the Volvo. If the Volvo doesn't fire up for him I'll never hear the end of it! ;)
And when it smoothly switches on and he gets to glide past the dead teslas with owners cursing the EM (according to my toe tuck driver he gets a lot of dead batteried teslas) he will be delighted you got a volvo and will welcome you home with open arms :)

I would have no worries leaving Margo for a month (won鈥檛 happen margo would miss you too much) but I am sure she would work on return.

Reactions: Greg S

Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8

Ditto here. I've left mine all it's lonesome for weeks several times (once for 3 months) and always fired up (as we used to say for an ICE) first time each time. It'll be fine.

Registered
And when it smoothly switches on and he gets to glide past the dead teslas with owners cursing the EM (according to my toe tuck driver he gets a lot of dead batteried teslas) he will be delighted you got a volvo and will welcome you home with open arms :)

I would have no worries leaving Margo for a month (won鈥檛 happen margo would miss you too much) but I am sure she would work on return.
馃槀

Registered
Ditto here. I've left mine all it's lonesome for weeks several times (once for 3 months) and always fired up (as we used to say for an ICE) first time each time. It'll be fine.
Haha yes old habits die hard. I guess I should say "boot up" instead of "fire up"...

Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
Haha yes old habits die hard. I guess I should say "boot up" instead of "fire up"...
Today I learned that Google seems to think the correct term is "warming up". Heard that for the first time today after rebooting the IHU. I thought it was done rebooting, so I gave Google a voice command - and she said something like "Sorry, the system is still WARMING UP. Please try again later".

Registered
Today I learned that Google seems to think the correct term is "warming up". Heard that for the first time today after rebooting the IHU. I thought it was done rebooting, so I gave Google a voice command - and she said something like "Sorry, the system is still WARMING UP. Please try again later".
Warming up sounds good.
Waking up would sound better. :)
Wake up Margo wake up:)

Registered

Well, you were right! Car came to life (?) fine after sitting 3 weeks. He did say the GPS position was off (showing our most recent departure location prior to the trip?) but I assume that corrected itself. So I can now rest easy! :)

Registered
Well, you were right! Car came to life (?) fine after sitting 3 weeks. He did say the GPS position was off (showing our most recent departure location prior to the trip?) but I assume that corrected itself. So I can now rest easy! :)
Yay I am glad :)

Now go give your car a nice bubble bath and lube up her wheels and she will always be there for you :)

The above makes the tires look amazing. And last for months :) be generous with it when you put it on. And it even smells good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts