Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not yet. Just drove for about 20 minutes and checked several times. No update. The problem is you don’t know if it’s downloading, only when the download is complete.

·
Registered
2021 Thunder Gray XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Got an email Friday. Wasout of town this weekend. Got back today, drove it for a short bit, then the App told me it was ready to install

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
78 Posts
Yes. Got a notification on the app that it was ready. Went out and installed it. Took about 30 mins. Everything seems good so far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No update yet. I purchased a leftover, fully loaded 2021 model on Saturday. I already had one connectivity loss issue that night, but it came back online today. Drove around for an hour after work hoping to get the update but nothing yet.

I'm seeing:
Version 10.6.0 (21w40)
Content updated: 25-Oct-021
Change number 20w37

Btw. Not to threadjack, but is the VOC app totally nonfunctional for everyone else?

It's definitely my first time beta testing a car, but it is one **** of a car!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
301 Posts
The VOC app is very limited and buggy, but it does work for me.
I use it to start the climate control shortly before going out to the car.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge Sage
25 Posts
yep, mine too also only took 30 minutes - so far so good but will wait till I drive it tomorrow. I hope it fixes the display flickering issue. .

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No update yet. I purchased a leftover, fully loaded 2021 model on Saturday. I already had one connectivity loss issue that night, but it came back online today. Drove around for an hour after work hoping to get the update but nothing yet.

I'm seeing:
Version 10.6.0 (21w40)
Content updated: 25-Oct-021
Change number 20w37

Btw. Not to threadjack, but is the VOC app totally nonfunctional for everyone else?

It's definitely my first time beta testing a car, but it is one **** of a car!
I just got it working yesterday after factory resting my car for the 5th time. It works perfect for me and I've had this thing since January.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I see you guys stating the app on your phone gave you guys a notification that the update is ready to install. I successfully paired the app to the car but I can't do anything in the app and my car is grayed out (a separate issue I hope they will fix.) Does the app and the car need to be working properly to get the update?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
65 Posts
So I see you guys stating the app on your phone gave you guys a notification that the update is ready to install. I successfully paired the app to the car but I can't do anything in the app and my car is grayed out (a separate issue I hope they will fix.) Does the app and the car need to be working properly to get the update?
@Alexs1993 , yes mine too, it is grayed out . It's been like this for 3 weeks, the SOC, unlock/lock and climate control button feature is gone too. It was working before, but after a month it is just useless. I chat with Volvo support and said "they are working on it and IT dept. knows about. It will be up tomorrow afternoon". Isuue not fixed. After a week, I emailed support again and gave me some steps to make it worked (which I already did) same - not fixed. At the end of the email it mentioned - if not still working then bring to the dealer. I think this is software issue and the latest OTA will fix the bugs I hope. I did not get my OTA yet. We will see.:(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same here. If I uninstall and reinstall the Android app, the XC40 disappears and I have to re-pair with the car (which seems to require resetting the infotainment, else the car still thinks it's paired). My wife's XC90 persists in the app through the reinstall, so I think the 40 is somehow not fully registering.

I assumed people were getting the pop up to install within the car itself; pretty sure I'll need to book a dealer visit if it requires the garbage phone app to work :(.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
142 Posts
Make sure to read and re-read the email you got probably last week. In the first paragraph was the big word no one saw.....SOON. Customer Service from Volvo said by the 25th we should all be getting the download. Not sure I will believe until I see it.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
301 Posts
is there a setting in the car you need to set to enable OTA?
Yes, but unless you forced it to be disabled, it should be enabled. In the car, go to Settings / System / Software Update.
The update won't download by itself unless the vehicle modules are turned on (ie driving or just sitting in the car with it on for 10-20 minutes).

Reactions: Ces
1 - 20 of 168 Posts