Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I ensure the windows defrost or to warm the interior during a remote start? The fan does not kick into it's set speed because the car does not seem to warm up enough in the 14 minutes allowed for remote operation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There should be some options in the settings of the car that allow you to enable certain things like heated seats, steering wheel etc when starting remotely. Depending on the temperature outside the engine might not get warm enough to fully defrost windows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did not look at settings, but I formally tested this a week ago and found that the remote start feature would run the fan blowing warm air at the windshield only if I manually activated the front defroster prior to shutting the car off. It was blowing air at low speed when I entered the car (after remote start) and would kick into higher fan speed upon startup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It might be best for you to turn on any settings you want to be used with remote start when you're exiting the car. It seems unlikely that the car will be able to defrost the windows in colder temperatures, but you should be able to get the cabin warmed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts