Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XC90 Inscription AWD Polestar
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm understanding thru the grapevine that there is no dealer
profit in electric vehicles sales w/ Volvo.
i.e. the MSRP is the dealer invoice price. Anyone aware of this?
I'm about the order a C40 Recharge, deciding between color choices of White, Silver or Thunder grey.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
203 Posts
Whabt
I'm about the order a C40 Recharge, deciding between color choices of White, Silver or Thunder grey.
Thanks,
[/QUOTE
That’s correct! I got mine for MSRP minus $1000.00 due to being a long lifer Volvoer (2004 XC90 2.5T FWD). I would recommend taking a look at Fjord Blue color! 🔥

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,010 Posts
Thanks,
I highly doubt that. There must be something in it for the dealer. Here in Australia, you order online and in the line items there is a ~$995 dealer fee, which is profit basically. Volvo states that's the maximum dealer charge for the EV in Australia, although I don't know if they can police it with franchise laws etc. Interestingly when you price up a petrol Volvo, I think it tacks on a $2995 dealer fee on the pricing line items, but obviously you'd negotiate the sale price on a petrol one directly with the dealer. There's really no negotiation on the EV here in AUS.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I highly doubt that. There must be something in it for the dealer. Here in Australia, you order online and in the line items there is a ~$995 dealer fee, which is profit basically. Volvo states that's the maximum dealer charge for the EV in Australia, although I don't know if they can police it with franchise laws etc. Interestingly when you price up a petrol Volvo, I think it tacks on a $2995 dealer fee on the pricing line items, but obviously you'd negotiate the sale price on a petrol one directly with the dealer. There's really no negotiation on the EV here in AUS.
I doubt dealers aren’t making money on the cars. They would be able to stay in business

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks,
what I've heard is that volvo tells dealerships they can not charge more than the msrp. not that the inventory price is = to msrp. however, usa dealers do have add ons. to learn about dealership markups, visit the joinyaa.com. the father ran dealerships for almost 40 years. they taught me what to negotiate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The other thing to note is that USA dealerships are making money on cars that DO NOT sit on the lot. When talking to dealerships, always ask for the Out The Door price to see the listing of add ons.

·
Registered
61 Posts
what I've heard is that volvo tells dealerships they can not charge more than the msrp. not that the inventory price is = to msrp. however, usa dealers do have add ons. to learn about dealership markups, visit the joinyaa.com. the father ran dealerships for almost 40 years. they taught me what to negotiate.
More than MSRP yes. But msrp is not the cost of the car the dealers are buying them for. Dealers make money when selling for msrp

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
This might sound snarky but what do dealers do that makes them worth getting money?

Mine contributed only negatively to the buying experience. Service became my go to people during the buying!!

The thought of them getting profits for their obstruction does make me a little cranky.

YMMV of course.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
My dealer told me cars orders in-line the dealer got a handling fee, whatever that is. But seeing as Volvo is backing away from online ordering who knows. The dealer is not going to want to push a car they don’t make money on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For sales rep, here (Ford).

Some vehicles have more profit in them when sold at MSRP than others. Some vehicles only have about $1-2K + dealer holdback baked in, while others have some hefty margins (Good Time van conversions were insane). I am curious what the Volvo invoices vs. MSRP's at, myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts