Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re excited to pick up our new XC40 this week and will be interested to see the many differences between it and our 2018 Model 3.

One thing that I have appreciated using with the Tesla is an independent subscription service which keeps extraordinarily detailed records on the use of the car. Called Teslafi (and there are now other similar services), it maintains a massive database of your car: usage, route, speed, temperature, elevation, battery health, SOC, charging history, etc.

Is there anything similar for the XC40, either available now or in the works? I’m not talking about VOC, as it’s function is much different.
Thanks!

· Registered
156 Posts
We’re excited to pick up our new XC40 this week and will be interested to see the many differences between it and our 2018 Model 3.
One thing that I have appreciated using with the Tesla is an independent subscription service which keeps extraordinarily detailed records on the use of the car. Called Teslafi (and there are now other similar services), it maintains a massive database of your car: usage, route, speed, temperature, elevation, battery health, SOC, charging history, etc.
Is there anything similar for the XC40, either available now or in the works? I’m not talking about VOC, as it’s function is much different.
Thanks!
Yes, I love TeslaFi. This is the single most subscription application (web-based, unlike smartphone-based) that I miss in the P8, having got rid of our 2018 Model 3. In fact, before I picked up the P8, I had a conversation with folks there at TeslaFi regarding the chances of them developing something similar for the Volvo XC40 P8 and other Recharge models such as the C40, not to mention the Polestar side of the family. The takeaway was that since Volvo is fully onboard with Google, and since the APIs for the Model 3 tokens (and the P8) that TeslaFi needs/would need are handed out by Google it should, in theory, be a future reality. But currently, they are happy just working with Tesla models and have no imminent plans to develop something for the P8, even though a name such as VolvoFi for such an app would be a natural! There are no other web-based applications (if even in existence?) that would be at the stage, eminence, or polish of what TeslaFi has now become, so I do hope that they decide to pick up the reins, run with it, and give us something comparable to TeslaFi, at which point the P8 itself will have acquired a great deal of enhanced appeal.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are so right: Volvo (the brand) and Volvo owners would be extraordinarily lucky if the TeslaFi folks would pick it up. In fact, given Volvo’s ambitious global EV growth plans, I think they would be well-advised to encourage TeslaFi (with $) to do it.

· Registered
173 Posts
I suspect though that the few "Volvo people" who would be interested in this (including me BTW) are not enough compared to the legions of Tesla "geeks, fans and nerds". If you even compare the Polestar 2 to the XC40, the Polestar gets way more things to fiddle with and change.

If you can characterize car buying populations (which is likely impossible) then:-

Volvo buyers (apart from me and this forum :)) = Apple
Tesla, Polestar = Android

· Registered
4,154 Posts

Thanks!
Have dreamt about this since before I got the car.
Give me graphs tables raw data. Let me nerd out on stats. Analyze what I used where and when and and and …

The answer is of course that said by others NO.
At least we have the bar in the range optimizer now :)

I wonder if we could get that data with a plug in computer adapter?

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
536 Posts
There is some hope since they mention a driving journal coming, but I doubt it will contain all of the data we want:

Functions due later in 2021/2022:
  • Car status – see mileage and other dashboard driving statistics in the app
    • Driving journal – keep track of mileage, trips and duration
    • Saved charging locations – the vehicle remembers the amperage at different charging points
    • Push notifications to your phone when charging starts or has been interrupted
    • Vehicle position on map
    • Charging timers – remote pre-setting of when charging should start to take advantage of charging at low tariff times
    • Air Quality - track the air quality and start the pre-cleaning of the vehicle

· Registered
4,154 Posts
There is some hope since they mention a driving journal coming, but I doubt it will contain all of the data we want:

Functions due later in 2021/2022:
  • Car status – see mileage and other dashboard driving statistics in the app
    • Driving journal – keep track of mileage, trips and duration
    • Saved charging locations – the vehicle remembers the amperage at different charging points
    • Push notifications to your phone when charging starts or has been interrupted
    • Vehicle position on map
    • Charging timers – remote pre-setting of when charging should start to take advantage of charging at low tariff times
    • Air Quality - track the air quality and start the pre-cleaning of the vehicle
But a start is a door way through which more functionality can pass.

Fingers crossed :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.