Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if anyone has ever swapped out the trim bits on your XC40? I'm talking about the aluminum or wood pieces.

I am interested in pulling out the aluminum square check pattern in our car and replacing it with the "drift wood" pieces. I've gotten to part number figured out, but I can't find anyone who's done it and has tips or instructions.

I have done trim swaps in my cars before, both involved (C30 waterfall) and fairly straightforward (V60). So I have the tools and the general know-how, but I've always had some pictures and tips from others who'd done the job before me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't know how to help, but I am interested in the same tweak. My wife says the aluminum check pattern messes with her vision, and I really prefer wood accents in a car interior.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know how to help, but I am interested in the same tweak. My wife says the aluminum check pattern messes with her vision, and I really prefer wood accents in a car interior.
I believe these are the needed parts for “drift wood” trim (I think they spell it as two words because it’s a bleached ash).
31477772 (right)
32234743 (center)
32234742 (left)
31490089 (left door)
31490090 (right door)
Volvo makes it a little tricky with their codes but I think those are right.

once you have them in hand, it often clarifies how to get the old pieces out, since you can see all the clipping points. I am just not sure if I feel like really disassembling anything, if that’s what it takes, in this car yet.

I was hoping to see Volvo running a Labor Day sale code, but haven’t found that to be the case as of yet. I’ll probably hold off until I see a sale and then order the parts, see what’s what.

Reactions: WxMan
1 - 3 of 3 Posts