Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if anyone has ever swapped out the trim bits on your XC40? I'm talking about the aluminum or wood pieces.

I am interested in pulling out the aluminum square check pattern in our car and replacing it with the "drift wood" pieces. I've gotten to part number figured out, but I can't find anyone who's done it and has tips or instructions.

I have done trim swaps in my cars before, both involved (C30 waterfall) and fairly straightforward (V60). So I have the tools and the general know-how, but I've always had some pictures and tips from others who'd done the job before me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Don't know how to help, but I am interested in the same tweak. My wife says the aluminum check pattern messes with her vision, and I really prefer wood accents in a car interior.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know how to help, but I am interested in the same tweak. My wife says the aluminum check pattern messes with her vision, and I really prefer wood accents in a car interior.
I believe these are the needed parts for “drift wood” trim (I think they spell it as two words because it’s a bleached ash).
31477772 (right)
32234743 (center)
32234742 (left)
31490089 (left door)
31490090 (right door)
Volvo makes it a little tricky with their codes but I think those are right.

once you have them in hand, it often clarifies how to get the old pieces out, since you can see all the clipping points. I am just not sure if I feel like really disassembling anything, if that’s what it takes, in this car yet.

I was hoping to see Volvo running a Labor Day sale code, but haven’t found that to be the case as of yet. I’ll probably hold off until I see a sale and then order the parts, see what’s what.

Reactions: WxMan

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought one of the pieces just to see if I could figure how to get the old one off. It seemed trickier than other Volvo trims I’ve swapped in the past. Right now I’m in a holding pattern hoping someone else posts some instructions.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Riley Volvo usually has them for a good price, but they’re still probably in the neighborhood of $60 each. I’d pick them up when you can add a sale coupon code.

I am going to wait to purchase the rest of the set until somebody else figures out how to pry the old pieces off the dash without breaking anything (maybe that will be you). :)

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
989 Posts
Was hoping there's an overlay to the piano black trim on the gear shift - too shiny and finger print galore. Any creative idea to cover it somehow ? HHmmm....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.