Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my wife bought a 21 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD in May, 6 month ago. I have a 21 P8 as mentioned on that forum. We have wanted a second EV and I put a C40 on order, but a red XC40 P8 showed up so I decided to have it sent to the dealer. Dealer offered her $42K for her car,original sticker was $48K before discounts. On a whim we took car to Carmax today figuring they would low ball us and maybe beat the dealer by a bit. Well when the guy showed us the offer I almost passed out. They offered her $47K, which is $800 less than MSRP for buying same car right now. Whether we take the P8 or not we may sell hers and take the money right now since she essentially drove the car for 6 months for free.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So my wife bought a 21 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD in May, 6 month ago. I have a 21 P8 as mentioned on that forum. We have wanted a second EV and I put a C40 on order, but a red XC40 P8 showed up so I decided to have it sent to the dealer. Dealer offered her $42K for her car,original sticker was $48K before discounts. On a whim we took car to Carmax today figuring they would low ball us and maybe beat the dealer by a bit. Well when the guy showed us the offer I almost passed out. They offered her $47K, which is $800 less than MSRP for buying same car right now. Whether we take the P8 or not we may sell hers and take the money right now since she essentially drove the car for 6 months for free.
This is a once in a life opportunity, I am 70 and have never seen anything like this.
I just sold my 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander phev to Carvana for $2000 more than I paid for it new 3 1/2 years ago.
Put the money towards my new 2021XC40 recharge that I bought for $2500 off msrp.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah we just got back, sold her T5 to Carmax then drove to Volvo and picked up a Red XC40 Recharge Ultimate for $2000 off then the profit from her T5 down as well and got .99% financing. Really insane.

Reactions: 1moreRobot

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah we just got back, sold her T5 to Carmax then drove to Volvo and picked up a Red XC40 Recharge Ultimate for $2000 off then the profit from her T5 down as well and got .99% financing. Really insane.
You deserved to have something nice happen.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah and I still have the C40 on order as a backup if my Blue P8 acts up since it already qualifies for lemon law.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts