Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am totally over all the surverys from the Volvo sponsored "Reconnect" forum. Bascially, marketing surveys to help them sell the next iteration of the P8 rather than collect feedback on needed/preferred improvements to exisiting cars.

Does anyone have a link or something for current drivers to submit feedback, wish lists for software improvements, etc? I mean, I would give just about anything for a clock in the steering wheel display and the ability to change AC fan speed without going into a sub menu.

There's gotta be a desire at Volvo HQ for this sort of input, right?!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Volvo has shown no interest in hearing, much responding to, owner feedback. The moderator of their company-sponsored “Lounge” isn’t even a Volvo employee. I’ve owned my car since June 3. I’m already two software updates behind because Volvo is unable to do something every other EV manufacturer does routinely: deliver OTA updates.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Volvo has shown no interest in hearing, much responding to, owner feedback. The moderator of their company-sponsored “Lounge” isn’t even a Volvo employee. I’ve owned my car since June 3. I’m already two software updates behind because Volvo is unable to do something every other EV manufacturer does routinely: deliver OTA updates.
I just set up an appointment at the service department and told them to update it. They weren’t happy with me but I didn't care.

I'm gonna hold out hope someone knows where to send feedback, because the AC sub menu thing is driving me nuts haha

·
Super Moderator
264 Posts
I've participated in Volvo-sponsored feedback forums before and have the sense they do them because someone in the corporation thought they should. Like others have said, I found it to be more marketing-focused than genuinely soliciting product feedback. European businesses generally have much more of a "we know best" mentality than the "customer knows best" which is really just a US thing. And let's face it, even US manufacturers know that the best feedback comes from competition and, ultimately, sales figures.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Ok, so I am totally over all the surverys from the Volvo sponsored "Reconnect" forum. Bascially, marketing surveys to help them sell the next iteration of the P8 rather than collect feedback on needed/preferred improvements to exisiting cars.

Does anyone have a link or something for current drivers to submit feedback, wish lists for software improvements, etc? I mean, I would give just about anything for a clock in the steering wheel display and the ability to change AC fan speed without going into a sub menu.

There's gotta be a desire at Volvo HQ for this sort of input, right?!
I hate the menu drive fan speed. It’s dangerous. I am trying to train myself to say
“Set fan speed one/(the speed you want)”
This works well but I really would of preferred another knob like they did for volume.

Perhaps it would be nice if every time you did something by hand that is voiceable it could inform you the voice command to do it (this tutorial mode is of course set on or offable )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts