Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve recently noticed an uptick in complaints regarding software updates that have been pushed out. It looks as if the Software issues are confined to EV versions of the XC40 or C40. Are there electrical issues or software problems that I can expect to find with my ICE/Petrol version of the XC40 at some point?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been watching other Volvo products forums and reddit. Mostly happy ICE people who are tired of the Recharge people griping about their little computer issues.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I’ve recently noticed an upticks in complaints regarding software updates that have been pushed out. It looks as if the Software issues are confined to EV versions of the XC40 or C40. Are there electrical issues or software problems that I can expect to find with my ICE/Petrol version of the XC40 at some point?
As more people get the car more will have problems (absolute number) even if the percentage was going down.

This present ota has not gone well. If you have been following threads on here since the launch of the ev there have been big issues that have been resolved.

There are still problems and we still don’t know if they are rare or common and I doubt we ever will know :(

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
557 Posts
I’ve recently noticed an uptick in complaints regarding software updates that have been pushed out. It looks as if the Software issues are confined to EV versions of the XC40 or C40. Are there electrical issues or software problems that I can expect to find with my ICE/Petrol version of the XC40 at some point?
C40, XC40 and the POLESTAR P2 All have reported OTA 2.3 software installation issues. Polestar officially came out with an announcement that they rollback the OTA 2.3 update and told users not to install it. I believe they disabled the update. Volvo hasn't said anything as yet. They have essentially left it to the Car Owner and the Dealer to deal with and resolve the issue at hand. Since these EV models just rolled out less than a year ago (except P2), you are going to see a myriad of issues. I wrote a post many months ago on the lack of functional and user acceptance testing at Volvo which shows in the issues at hand. IMOP - it's coming down to lack of interoperability testing and less than average functional testing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts