Volvo XC40 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I actually purchased the Volvo at Sacramento Niello but have it serviced in San Francisco. I'll have to check where exactly the windshield was installed and of course if it passes the pen test. Which dealership in Sac are you servicing your Volvo?
Did Volvo honor their warranty?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello, i had the same issue with my 2020 car with only 5k miles. I just got out of my house to find it like this today, haven’t contacted volvo yet though.
exactly the same as my stress cracked windshield. Volvo has a design flaw and they are sending all claims to have us get our insurance company to cover. It's very disappointing to have a car company that has built their reputation on safety completely ignore this critical safety issue!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had not used the car for many days, went out in the morning to wash it and found a crack running from left of screen to about a third of the way across. I think it could be a impact stone or something much earlier but stress from maybe a change in weather ??
What did Volvo say?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did Volvo honor their warranty?
The service rep ran the "pen test" and stated he felt a crack right at the seam. I personally didn't see or feel it. Anyhow, it was sent to Geico/Glass Dept. and because of Covid, I only had to send in pictures before approving the claim. My deductible is only $100 but it's unsure how much additional I may pay for OEM. Unfortunately, Geico did not fax the approval to the correct number at the dealership and only did so when the car was done. Long story short, waiting to see exactly what more I'll have to pay over the $100 deductible. BTW - I didn't realize that replacing the windshield involves a minimum of 12 hours for the glue to cure - was able to get car rental approved for over the weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The service rep ran the "pen test" and stated he felt a crack right at the seam. I personally didn't see or feel it. Anyhow, it was sent to Geico/Glass Dept. and because of Covid, I only had to send in pictures before approving the claim. My deductible is only $100 but it's unsure how much additional I may pay for OEM. Unfortunately, Geico did not fax the approval to the correct number at the dealership and only did so when the car was done. Long story short, waiting to see exactly what more I'll have to pay over the $100 deductible. BTW - I didn't realize that replacing the windshield involves a minimum of 12 hours for the glue to cure - was able to get car rental approved for over the weekend.
Same in my case with no glass damage that could have started the crack. Even the Volvo technician at the second dealership agreed. However, Volvo will not warranty the second windshield and my insurance is covering it. I have reached out to a tv investigative reporter and have collected dozens of cases just like ours to make the case that Volvo is ignoring a fairly substantial safety issue. I just wonder how many others are out there who have been told by Volvo to just get their insurance to cover their design flaw.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts