Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a week into my brand new C40 being happy and also impressed - but two things I have noticed so far:

1. Back up cam when it is raining - when it rains, as it does here often PNW, the back up cam becomes obscured and pretty much useless. My previous car with a back up cam did not have this problem. Are others experiencing this? Seems like an overall bad placement of the back up cam.

2. Steering wheel obscuring the lower instrument panel - I'm not sure if I'm just not seated correctly, but I have trouble view the lower part of the instrument panel where it displays battery charge level and consumption levels. Is it me or are others experiencing it?

Otherwise, the car seems like a pretty well built and solid car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
688 Posts
I am a week into my brand new C40 being happy and also impressed - but two things I have noticed so far:

1. Back up cam when it is raining - when it rains, as it does here often PNW, the back up cam becomes obscured and pretty much useless. My previous car with a back up cam did not have this problem. Are others experiencing this? Seems like an overall bad placement of the back up cam.

2. Steering wheel obscuring the lower instrument panel - I'm not sure if I'm just not seated correctly, but I have trouble view the lower part of the instrument panel where it displays battery charge level and consumption levels. Is it me or are others experiencing it?

Otherwise, the car seems like a pretty well built and solid car.

Thanks!
JUst in case you did not realize the steering wheel tilts and telescopes - lever is just under the column. adjust as you need to to see what you want to see.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haven't driven much in the rain since getting mine (end of April), but also don't recall having issues seeing from the backup cam the few times I have. I also have a 2017 Ford Explorer with a backup cam and it seemed to be hit or miss as far as being able to see with the camera during rain/snow.

If the rear is obscured for you, have you switched to 360 view to see if that can help assist with your maneuvers?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree that the rear camera view is not great as it sits too low. I don't remember completely but I think I did notice it being rather useless in the rain.

As for the instrument cluster, generally I can see everything fine, but I do remember a couple of instances where the bottom part got obstructed a bit. It might have been that I was slouched over a bit or something.

• Helpful
Reactions: BigVikC40Dadda

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree that the rear camera view is not great as it sits too low. I don't remember completely but I think I did notice it being rather useless in the rain.

As for the instrument cluster, generally I can see everything fine, but I do remember a couple of instances where the bottom part got obstructed a bit. It might have been that I was slouched over a bit or something.
I almost exclusively use the 360 degree view camera. I don't know how I can ever go back to not having one.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
203 Posts
oooo it telescopes also! lol I may have to try this
Yes / that’s the first thing my sales guy and I messed with when I took delivery of the car. He spent an hour with me setting up my car, google profile and explaining all the features. Too bad he has left my local dealer to pursue Greener pastures! ☝

1 - 12 of 12 Posts