Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI for those watching and waiting in the USA: at least through August 2, Costco is offering a $2000 discount on the XC40 P8 through costcoauto.com.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Yay I got more than 3000 off from Volvo on the P8. Plus 1000 in accessories plus 500 charge point credit.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
For June I don not see $1000 loyalty listed nor the $1000 PenFed so for me I think this would have been a wash as I got $4000 off MSRP. Woulda, coulda, shoulda is always an issue, and you have to pull the trigger when you feel you have the best deal at the best time. Actually makes direct sales online ordering less a game.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have more details on how the Costco discount codes ($2000) and A-Plan PIN ($500) stack with any of the other manufacturer offers (Loyalty, Affiliate) or dealer discounts (random e-prices from difference dealers)?

I have an A-Plan PIN and a Costco PIN, but one local dealer was offering $2500 off MSRP over the weekend (just $500 now), but is claiming they cannot stack their own dealer discounts with the Costco one. Another local dealer is saying that A-Plan+Costco (i.e. 500+2000=2500) is the lowest price anyone can get right now. Contacted Costco, they are saying something different, and "looking into it".

Basically I'm wondering how far (if at all) to trust anything the dealers say.

Just wondering what other Seattle-ites might be experiencing, buying an XC40 in May/June. What dealers would you recommend, and what discounts did you manage to apply?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Anyone have more details on how the Costco discount codes ($2000) and A-Plan PIN ($500) stack with any of the other manufacturer offers (Loyalty, Affiliate) or dealer discounts (random e-prices from difference dealers)?

I have an A-Plan PIN and a Costco PIN, but one local dealer was offering $2500 off MSRP over the weekend (just $500 now), but is claiming they cannot stack their own dealer discounts with the Costco one. Another local dealer is saying that A-Plan+Costco (i.e. 500+2000=2500) is the lowest price anyone can get right now. Contacted Costco, they are saying something different, and "looking into it".

Basically I'm wondering how far (if at all) to trust anything the dealers say.

Just wondering what other Seattle-ites might be experiencing, buying an XC40 in May/June. What dealers would you recommend, and what discounts did you manage to apply?
I'm curious of this as well- I've got an A-Plan PIN as well as Costco discount but looking to hear if anyone's had any luck stacking these, as well as any dealer discounts. I'm in SoCal, FYI.

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
978 Posts
On my local Dealer in Dallas, TX - when hovering over the $2k Costco discount, there was a disclaimer stating "If you're a Costco Member ON or BEFORE May 31st". I'm also attaching what the local Dealer here is offering.

For reference:
For me (took delivery 3 weeks ago) : I got the (1) $1k Accessories Good Will (2) $500 ChargePoint credit (still waiting for it) (3) $1k Customer Loyalty (4) 3 additional accessories for free value at $600 (but we know nothing is for free)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
That is comparable to what I got. $1K loyalty, $1K PenFed and then $2K off MSRP for $4K total discount. Plus voucher (if I ever get it) for free Changepoint EVSE. Your dealer probably has some room to move on their margin as well, possibly another $1K or so.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
What is the $1k accessories good will offer? Due to warranty issues or delivery issues?
IT is worded for purchased before June 1 as goodwill fro dealers to help compensate owners dealing with all the P8 Gremlins and issues. I have yet to get either of my dealers (purchased from or maintained by) to offer this even after several hints.

·
Registered
978 Posts
What is the $1k accessories good will offer? Due to warranty issues or delivery issues?
To echo He Keith, I believe the GoodWill is only valid till June 1st (from physicla delivery standpoint) For what it's worth, bulletin attached for reference.
NOW, that's NOT to say you cannot negotiate, you can always try ! Afterall, the car to date is STILL under specs (...VOC not quite working, no OTA yet, no Apple CarPLay yet...)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I have been working with Volvo customer car and best I got was a Free 3rd key, everything else they tell me to talk to my dealer. Honestly they have botched how they are handling this car. I specifically did not look at Tesla becasue I was trying to avoid everything I am dealing with on the P8. Volvo has made it to my "do not recommend" and "will never own again" list in 2 weeks of ownership.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have been working with Volvo customer car and bets I got was a Free 3rd key, everything else they tell me to talk to my dealer. Honestly they have botched how they are handling this car. I specifically did not look at Tesla becasue I was trying to avoid everything I am dealing with on the P8. Volvo has made it to my "do not recommend" and "will never own again" list in 2 weeks of ownership.
In all fairness, the Product itself is such a JOY! Its most unfortunate that the overall owning experience is tainted by the bad services from the Dealerships. These guys may not realized that they're literally talking themselves out of a Job because Volvo has make public hints of not having "Sales" of brick-and-mortar, moving to online just like TSLA. Having that said, you would HOPE that the Service Dept. folks would step up to the plate to serve Customers otherwise all what they do can be EASILY outsourced to 3rd Parties as well.
I hope that for some of us having unpleasant encounters with Volvo will pass this bump soon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That is comparable to what I got. $1K loyalty, $1K PenFed and then $2K off MSRP for $4K total discount. Plus voucher (if I ever get it) for free Changepoint EVSE. Your dealer probably has some room to move on their margin as well, possibly another $1K or so.
Was the chargepoint credit an official offer listed on the website or is it just something that Volvo is doing? Can’t find it in writing anywhere so I’m assuming it was a previous offer that’s now expired.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Was the chargepoint credit an official offer listed on the website or is it just something that Volvo is doing? Can’t find it in writing anywhere so I’m assuming it was a previous offer that’s now expired.
For what it's worth, majority of the Dealers were not even aware or offering to Customers UNLESS Customer specifically inquires into it. And for me who had only learned about it later on through this Forum, when I told the Dealer, they'd never even heard of it, but went to "research" and found Bulletins on their end. They claimed that they have filed for the Credit but 3 weeks later, still nothing. My point is, even if your Dealer has supposedly "filed" for it, you may still not see it. It's either they never did it, OR did it incorrectly. In short, this one in theory sounds great, but in reality, few have gotten them successfully.

·
Registered
115 Posts
For what it's worth, majority of the Dealers were not even aware or offering to Customers UNLESS Customer specifically inquires into it. And for me who had only learned about it later on through this Forum, when I told the Dealer, they'd never even heard of it, but went to "research" and found Bulletins on their end. They claimed that they have filed for the Credit but 3 weeks later, still nothing. My point is, even if your Dealer has supposedly "filed" for it, you may still not see it. It's either they never did it, OR did it incorrectly. In short, this one in theory sounds great, but in reality, few have gotten them successfully.
My dealer offered the Chargepoint credit before I could even ask about it. He filled out some sort of paper form for it. It's also being repeatedly advertised on local TV here in Los Angeles. I was able to grab a screenshot of it so I'm going to hold the dealer to their word about the charging credit (I already have a charger at my home) and if they don't come through, I'll take it up with Volvo corporate. It's a bit hard to read but it lists eligible vehicles as those purchased, financed, leased, or Care subscribed between 6/2/21 and 6/30/21.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: MMK

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
263 Posts
Here's a member's post with the dealer's form - and an email address. In this thread I mentioned I emailed the address on my third-week day and got my code a few hours later.

·
Registered
978 Posts
My dealer offered the Chargepoint credit before I could even ask about it. He filled out some sort of paper form for it. It's also being repeatedly advertised on local TV here in Los Angeles. I was able to grab a screenshot of it so I'm going to hold the dealer to their word about the charging credit (I already have a charger at my home) and if they don't come through, I'll take it up with Volvo corporate. It's a bit hard to read but it lists eligible vehicles as those purchased, financed, leased, or Care subscribed between 6/2/21 and 6/30/21.
View attachment 912
Thank you for the form attachment. Had just send that as well to my useless sales admin person who had reassured me she would file it ….it’s been over 3 weeks…every inquiry is answered with “will check with Volvo” and you don’t hear back …simply ridiculous. I should email directly like you did - and oh I didn’t get a copy of it either. She probably didn’t do anything for weeks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.