Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few articles from early in the year that were talking about being able to control certain car functions remotely via Google Assistant. Did this ever get added to the XC40 Recharge / Volvo Cars app? I haven't seen anything yet as I'm looking around, so I'm guessing not, but wondering if anyone has heard anything about this... Would be nice to start warming without going into the app or things like that.

Example article:

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
287 Posts
I've seen a few articles from early in the year that were talking about being able to control certain car functions remotely via Google Assistant. Did this ever get added to the XC40 Recharge / Volvo Cars app? I haven't seen anything yet as I'm looking around, so I'm guessing not, but wondering if anyone has heard anything about this... Would be nice to start warming without going into the app or things like that.

Example article:
Not yet. Volvo posted this video ten months ago and that's the last we've heard about it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I use Google Assistant in both my C40 and my home. I cannot direct Google Assistant at my home to control my car, which may be a safety concern on the part of Volvo at this time. However, Google Assistant in my car can certainly control my home systems. Thermostats (Nest), lights, (Philips Hue), music (Spotify linked with B&O) are all controllable via voice commands in the C40. I use that feature every week. One important limitation to remember is how "Routines" have not yet been activated for use in controlling home systems via the Volvo Google Assistant

·
Registered
265 Posts
The ability to address the car using Google Assistant at home is one of multiple features and services that Volvo has promoted but has yet to deliver.

The one that rags me is that on March 15, 2022 Volvo announced plans to install 60 DC Fast chargers at Starbucks locations every 100 miles on a route from Seattle to Denver, saying it expects the installations to be completed by the end of 2022. I had occasion to visit two of the sites in Colorado just yesterday (Silverthorne and Idaho Springs). Not a single clump of dirt has been displaced in preparation for a charger. Ski season has begun and these chargers would be quite useful!

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
287 Posts
The ability to address the car using Google Assistant at home is one of multiple features and services that Volvo has promoted but has yet to deliver.

The one that rags me is that on March 15, 2022 Volvo announced plans to install 60 DC Fast chargers at Starbucks locations every 100 miles on a route from Seattle to Denver, saying it expects the installations to be completed by the end of 2022. I had occasion to visit two of the sites in Colorado just yesterday (Silverthorne and Idaho Springs). Not a single clump of dirt has been displaced in preparation for a charger. Ski season has begun and these chargers would be quite useful!
It looks like they've made a little progress at a few locations at least, according to this press release: https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/...nstalling-chargepoint-electric-vehicle-charge

For example, the location in Provo, UT has been installed since August but apparently still isn't active: Starbucks East Bay | PlugShare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts