Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Has your C40 had GPS/LTE/TCAM/connectivity issues?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked my C40 up last Friday and Monday I was calling to schedule a service appointment because LTE and GPS would not connect. I wasn't too upset as I totally expected it having read how prolific the TCAM issues are. Bought the car anyway and love it. I'm still driving it and even plan my first "big" EV road trip today into a charger desert (thumb of Michigan).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Our C40 is enroute but I really have only two concerns about the TCAM issues:

1) not being able to unlock and start the car without futzing with the manual key. The wife will lose confidence in the car quickly.

2) Volvo safety feature where the car will call if there is an accident etc….

I am hoping since we are late in the model year that fixes would be in place at the factory, dock or dealer but since new deliveries seem to still be buggy I guess that is not the case.

hope it is not an architectural issue.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I use NorthPoint Volvo and they have been awesome, someone else here uses Dyer and Dyer and they helped swap his car when he got it last year due to a serious issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
C40 - Had voted No, Just switched to Yes.

Both keyfobs are not detected at all, can't lock or unlock the car with them. The car will go into drive if the keyfob is placed in the arm rest area. 6 Amp charge limit greyout out. "SOS eCall Service required" message as well. Tried resetting the IHU and the TCAM via the home and defrost buttons, but no luck.

Called dealer, and set up an appointment for tomorrow.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Ultimate | Thunder Grey
37 Posts
C40 - Had voted No, Just switched to Yes.

Both keyfobs are not detected at all, can't lock or unlock the car with them. The car will go into drive if the keyfob is placed in the arm rest area. 6 Amp charge limit greyout out. "SOS eCall Service required" message as well. Tried resetting the IHU and the TCAM via the home and defrost buttons, but no luck.

Called dealer, and set up an appointment for tomorrow.
Experienced exact symptoms about 6 weeks ago. Dealer replaced TCAM and car has been rock solid since. I have posted the service tickets for the work from my Volvo dealer to reference for others in a separate post. Hope you have a similar outcome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Experienced exact symptoms about 6 weeks ago. Dealer replaced TCAM and car has been rock solid since. I have posted the service tickets for the work from my Volvo dealer to reference for others in a separate post. Hope you have a similar outcome.
I found your original post. Thank you. Our dealership said:
All repairs at this time are being corrected with software update, I will need the vehicle through the weekend to complete
I wonder if I should send them your service ticket and insist that they replace the TCAM.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Ultimate | Thunder Grey
37 Posts
I found your original post. Thank you. Our dealership said:

I wonder if I should send them your service ticket and insist that they replace the TCAM.
There first attempt was software only and the car had identical issues within 12 hours. I opened a complaint with Volvo USA and a TCAM mysteriously arrived in 2 days. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts