Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am eagerly (impatiently!) waiting for the MY21 Overseas Delivery orders to open, I'd appreciate comments on my choices:

2021 XC40 Inscription

T4 FWD (since I don't drive off-road or in snow, this is recommended by my long-time Volvo mechanics for the better MPG with regular gas and for eventual less expensive repairs or tire replacement or towing). but if Volvo offers the PHEV for the US market in the next few months, I might reconsider.

color: Glacier Silver Metallic (I like the visibility of the lighter colors -- does it show dirt as much as a white car?)
interior: Oxide Red Leather (anyone have problems with staining?)

Advanced Package
Harmon-Kardon Sound
Park Assist Pilot

Thanks!

Cathy R
coastal California
currently driving a white 2000 V70 XCSE wagon - purchased OSD
which replaced my 1971 144 sedan - also purchased OSD

·
Registered
8 Posts
I upgraded my 2001 V70 in 2019 to the XC40 and did the OSD Program so I am pretty similar to your circumstances. We went with the R-Design and Bursting Blue color - that color looks the best for the car and you should consider it. We got the Harman Kardon sound system and it is awesome - much better than the stock system I had on a rental XC40. Concerning OSD: consider going over Christmas time period if you have not done so before. the Swedes are just nuts about Christmas and go all during December - we went the week before Christmas in 2019. We went on Christmas Dinner Boat Cruise in Stockholm which was amazing. Gothenburg turns their local amusement park into a Christmas wonderland which was spectacular. We traveled over 800 miles and visited family in the far north too and every place we went displayed white Christmas lights which were just beautiful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a new 2020 XC40 Inscription T5. If you care about acceleration, get the T5. It is SUPER fast in Dynamic mode... like super fun fast.

And if you are worried about MPG, I add the cheapest 87 octane gas in my car... premium is optional according to Volvo here:

Volvo recommends premium, 91 unleaded octane or higher for optimum performance, but your Volvo can run on regular 87 unleaded octane without affecting engine reliability. It is safe to use fuel containing up to 10% Ethanol in your Volvo.
Source: Fuel Requirements

1 - 3 of 3 Posts