Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been loving the heated steering wheel more than I could have imagined, but my feet are always cold in the XC40. Anyone else have that problem?
The vents don't seem to be placed well.

·
Super Moderator
179 Posts
I've noticed that the Auto climate control setting tends to direct more air toward the windshield than I'm used to in cold weather. That means there's less heat coming out below. I've found it helps to manually direct the air exclusively toward the feet/floorboard vents until my feet warm up. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jezza. I just returned from the dealer for my 20,000 mile services, and asked if I was not operating the vents properly. He said most people don't realize that you have to turn the vents on through the climate control system on the screen by clicking on the fan/vent icon and choosing if you want top, middle and/or bottom on the driver who shows up on the screen. Just in case anyone else was wondering. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My feet are always cold and cold air seems to be blowing on my feet. Yes I have the vents on in the main interface. I have tried everything and think it is a design flaw.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree it might be a bit of a design flaw. Settings are correct, but feet are cold.
Also, and this should be a different thread, maybe, but my heated seats don't seem to be working at all right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found the same thing no matter what I set the vents to, feet are always cold. I also had my heated seat on the driver side stop working, they had to replace the heating elements.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny, I needed to have my driver seat replaced, as well, due to the heated seat not working. Still haven't found a solution for the cold feet though!
Wendy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts