Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an XC40 P8 Recharge last week & have a question about the climate control system & radio.
When the car is in park & the driver gets out of the car, how do you keep the A/C or heat & radio on for the passenger that is left in the car?
The car turns off when the driver exits the vehicle.
I assume that there has be a way to override the ignition, but there is no ignition switch!!!
I asked the service manager, his electric car mechanic & the sales manager at my Volvo Dealership. No one had the answer.... So I called Volvo Customer Support.
She first told me to press the start button & when I told her there wasn't a start button she said that I need to turn on the "The One Petal Drive" ?? That answer makes no sense.
This is my 4th Volvo that I purchased new & always been happy with Volvo, but this electric car is a new experience for me.

Please, let me know if you know how to do this.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great question! My dealer told me the car is able to sense when someone is in the driver’s seat .. and that everything turns off once the driver exits the vehicle. But I didn’t think about the scenario when the driver exits but the passenger(s) (in front or back) remain in the vehicle and how would they be able to access/use the radio and climate controls. Now I’m curious too …

·
Registered
57 Posts
I purchased an XC40 P8 Recharge last week & have a question about the climate control system & radio.
When the car is in park & the driver gets out of the car, how do you keep the A/C or heat & radio on for the passenger that is left in the car?
The car turns off when the driver exits the vehicle.
I assume that there has be a way to override the ignition, but there is no ignition switch!!!
I asked the service manager, his electric car mechanic & the sales manager at my Volvo Dealership. No one had the answer.... So I called Volvo Customer Support.
She first told me to press the start button & when I told her there wasn't a start button she said that I need to turn on the "The One Petal Drive" ?? That answer makes no sense.
This is my 4th Volvo that I purchased new & always been happy with Volvo, but this electric car is a new experience for me.

Please, let me know if you know how to do this.
You need to turn the volume knob under center display. The air will come on. Press the center of the knob if you want the radio or other audio that was last on to resume. I discovered this by testing different actions.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
A good question. Answers
A. VoC not working yet in early alpha
B. Pet mode that does not exist at all yet
C. Full size mannequin (jk)
D. My gym recline seat pad might actually work will test it when I go to the gym in a few mins.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Going to check out the volume nob method

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I have one pedal switched on and oh wait you mean exit without pushing the p button.

Does this not mean the parking break is not on?
Does this work if the key exits with you?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have OPD on as well, and as the driver I’m not exiting without pressing P. That would worry me.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Agreed Westmo. It feels unsafe. Still I have exited a vehicle with the engine in whilst it was warming up (ice) maybe I have to ponder the similarities.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The center console switching it on when not in seat works well. I need to test to see if it stays on if I walk out of range.

·
Registered
170 Posts
A passenger by his/her self will turn on the AC by simply touching any button on the console.

It does not require a key or fob to allow the passenger to turn on the system. The car will not start, but the center console will allow radio and AC changes.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Super thanks homer.

Does this work if the key holder locks the door? Seemed to me that locking it turns the ac off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You need to turn the volume knob under center display. The air will come on. Press the center of the knob if you want the radio or other audio that was last on to resume. I discovered this by testing different actions.
Seems to work but I need to do some more testing today. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts