Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just noticed a feature of my P8 tonight I did not know existed. The temperature setting in the climate control screen is personalized to the active profile. I never noticed before that the driver side temperature has my name, which is the active driver profile. The other temperature control is called merely “passenger”.

Nice touch. 😄
Product Communication Device Audio equipment Font Electronic instrument

·
Registered
2021 P8
50 Posts
Yep. Even better, my spouse decides to run the car at 74 with the fan blasting, I can leave it at 66 and Auto control and not have to adjust it every time one of us gets in and out of the car.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
224 Posts
On a related note...I’ve been messing with the best way to get some airflow out of the vents without turning on any energy-sapping heat or cooling. When it’s warm outside, I guess as long as the set temp is below the ambient temp and you have the AC icon switched off, it should be giving outside air only. Just set the fan to 1 or 2 so it doesn’t start blasting air to try and cool down the cabin.

When it’s cold outside, I’m not 100% sure how to achieve minimal energy draw...thinking maybe put the temp setting on “LO” and AC icon switched off...and just put the fan speed on 1 to allow a bit of fresh air. Or keep it on OFF and open the windows or sunroof a bit, but that spoils the serenity! Thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Onyx, 01/21, v1.7
48 Posts
When it’s cold outside, I’m not 100% sure how to achieve minimal energy draw...thinking maybe put the temp setting on “LO” and AC icon switched off...and just put the fan speed on 1 to allow a bit of fresh air. Or keep it on OFF and open the windows or sunroof a bit, but that spoils the serenity! Thoughts?
Wondering the same thing now that Northern Hemisphere winter is approaching. Seems we’re still stuck with pre-EV controls that assume heat is free 🙂 Ideally either the A/C button should control the heat pump too, or they give us another button.

·
Registered
133 Posts
On a related note...I’ve been messing with the best way to get some airflow out of the vents without turning on any energy-sapping heat or cooling. When it’s warm outside, I guess as long as the set temp is below the ambient temp and you have the AC icon switched off, it should be giving outside air only. Just set the fan to 1 or 2 so it doesn’t start blasting air to try and cool down the cabin.

Funny, I was going through the same thought process on Sunday. I think this issue deserves a thread of its own. I too arrived at the scenario where one sets the temp to LO and A/C off with the fan at 1. In the end we may need some heat anyway just to keep the windshield clear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts