Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for the motor to turn on when charging?
After charging for about 30 minute, the motor turned on.
This is only the second time for charging the car & the motor did not come on during charging.
The car is in the garage & it is a very hot day.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
927 Posts
Is it normal for the motor to turn on when charging?
After charging for about 30 minute, the motor turned on.
This is only the second time for charging the car & the motor did not come on during charging.
The car is in the garage & it is a very hot day.
The motor(s) are only used to drive the wheels - so unless your car was actually moving, most likely what you heard was a cooling system maintaining the battery temperature. And yes, normal.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just noticed this with app version 5.8 - yesterday had to charge to 100% for a longer return trip - in the morning when I unplugged car and app only showed charged to 96% - never had that before. Would always show that is was charged to 80 or 90 or 100% based on setting. Last night changed max charge to 90% this morning both car and app showed 88% - again this just seems to have started since updating the app to 5.8 on IOS. It has gotten colder nights at about -5 C so not sure if that is a factor as well. Has any else noticed this?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
86 Posts
Just noticed this with app version 5.8 - yesterday had to charge to 100% for a longer return trip - in the morning when I unplugged car and app only showed charged to 96% - never had that before. Would always show that is was charged to 80 or 90 or 100% based on setting. Last night changed max charge to 90% this morning both car and app showed 88% - again this just seems to have started since updating the app to 5.8 on IOS. It has gotten colder nights at about -5 C so not sure if that is a factor as well. Has any else noticed this?
I have seen similar behavior now that it is cold, 25F to 30F here lately. Set for 100%, super cold night, woke up to 96%. Although last night, I was set to 90 and woke up to 90. Watching it going forward, but it has not been a big problem yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts