Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Charging Question

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BikerBill 
I am traveling to the beach in a few weeks and planning on taking my new XC40 Recharge. There are reasonable options for charging along the route, but not so much when I get there and the parking is too far from the house to use the provided charging cable without an extension cord. I know it says not do use an extension cord, but does anyone have insight into why? I’m not worried about charging quickly once I get there as it can just sit for a week and charge before I have to head home.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I know range anxiety is a thing but luckily it seems to be a temporary thing. Despite my ocd I went from range anxiety to an attitude of meh it will do :)

Did a 1200 mile road trip and though I did plan it (some long routes are just not yet possible) as long as there are (as you say) lots of charging options around life is good.

Which comes to the point. If you charged close to where your beach place is do you even need to charge more? I know when I first got the car I did plan on working out how to get a charge cable from a beach place for the car. Now I am like. Charge to 80 close to destination and not care until it’s hitting the teens then drive out to a charge place and charge again.

Maybe the fact I have had the car since May snd never had access to home charging makes me very secure in in the wild charging :)

Of course do what you need to do to feel safe and secure and avoid any extra anxiety (2021 we have enough anxiety) but I would honestly not stress about it.

Cheers ans good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.