Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my XC40 P8 on June 14, I wasn't offered the Chargepoint credit. Was it still in effect? A friend who just picked up his new XC40 P8 was offered the credit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I bought my XC40 P8 on June 14, I wasn't offered the Chargepoint credit. Was it still in effect? A friend who just picked up his new XC40 P8 was offered the credit.

My dealer never submitted my form. Send the below info to [email protected]

Store Name:
Store Address:
Date of Sale:
Salesperson's Name:
Recharge Model:
VIN:
Your Name:
Your Address:
Your phone:
Your charging offer choice: ($500 ChargePoint Credit or Level 2 ChargePoint Charger)

I got a prompt response and had the credit emailed to me 3 days later.

I purchased on 6/18.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The forms in May showed valid until June 1. Not sure if they offered it after that again. The form is supposed to be filled out by the dealer and emailed to them. Contact Volvo customer server as well if you took delivery before June 1 to escalate the concern.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
34 Posts
The offer is still valid. Some dealer websites have the verbiage on their pages. Lastly the federal government is also offering up to a 30% credit for the purchase and installation of a charging station for the homeowner.

·
Registered
2021 Sage Green XC Recharge & 2021 Metallic Silver XC Recharge
20 Posts
Yes, it is still in effect. I purchased a P8 on 7/16 and my dealer filled out the paperwork and sent in in for the home charger. That week my wife fell in love with the car that was suppose to be my driver, and after 48 years she gets what she wants, so we then went back to the dealer on 7/24 and bought their last one. I took home chargers on both and the first one is suppose to be here in a couple weeks. The 30% credit on the installation on up to $1000 spent is a separate federal issue I believe, although I may be incorrect on that...

Reactions: evcas

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Gave up waiting for my dealership to admit they lost The chargepoint again (got car in may) emailed they address in thread and boom credit is done and here.

will use the credit with EVgo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered the free Chargepoint home charger July 2 using the code I got from the dealer. I received an email yesterday notifying me that "we do not have an exact estimated shipping date at this time, but estimate that it will ship in1-2 weeks." So, still waiting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered the free Chargepoint home charger July 2 using the code I got from the dealer. I received an email yesterday notifying me that "we do not have an exact estimated shipping date at this time, but estimate that it will ship in1-2 weeks." So, still waiting.
Wow, the timing of both of those emails is exactly the same as mine! I had to double check to make sure that it wasn't me who posted this. I really can't wait to get it because the slow charging is killing me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, the timing of both of those emails is exactly the same as mine! I had to double check to make sure that it wasn't me who posted this. I really can't wait to get it because the slow charging is killing me.
The email i got from Volvo with the code was unusual:

"congratulations on the purchase of your new Volvo Recharge plug-in hybrid. Charging at home is a great way to ensure you always leave the house with a full battery and take advantage of everything your plug-in hybrid has to offer." Complete with a photo of a Volvo PHEV! Anyway, the code was valid.

·
Registered
193 Posts
We are going to buy a Recharge this weekend. I wanted to buy a ChargePoint, but their website stated a 4–5 week backorder timeframe. There is a 3rd party selling on Amazon who apparently has some but has basically doubled the price. So I ended up ordering a Wallbox Pulsar Plus.

My understanding is that the $500 from Volvo can be used to load up ChargePoint credit for use at public charging stations. Has anyone done that?

Reactions: arijaycomet

·
Registered
315 Posts
My understanding is that the $500 from Volvo can be used to load up ChargePoint credit for use at public charging stations. Has anyone done that?
Yes many of us have done this; in our case we had prior EVs so we did not need the ChargePoint Home wall charger unit. That said, at least in the Midwest (Ohio) there are not many ChargePoint chargers that will benefit us. But the $500 does not expire (I Don’t think?? you may want to double check) — so having that cost benefit there is better than nothing. Although buying the Home, even if delayed, might hold resale value that might be higher net financial gain?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes many of us have done this; in our case we had prior EVs so we did not need the ChargePoint Home wall charger unit. That said, at least in the Midwest (Ohio) there are not many ChargePoint chargers that will benefit us. But the $500 does not expire (I Don’t think?? you may want to double check) — so having that cost benefit there is better than nothing. Although buying the Home, even if delayed, might hold resale value that might be higher net financial gain?
I believe I read the credit expires after 10 years. Hope you find some in-network chargers in that time!

We have quite a few around us but the ones nearby seem to be mostly in paid parking garages.

Reactions: arijaycomet

·
Registered
97 Posts
We are going to buy a Recharge this weekend. I wanted to buy a ChargePoint, but their website stated a 4–5 week backorder timeframe. There is a 3rd party selling on Amazon who apparently has some but has basically doubled the price. So I ended up ordering a Wallbox Pulsar Plus.

Just keep in mind that, if you’re charging mostly from home, it’s going to take a long time to run up $500 in public charging.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts