Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have a functioning NEMA15-50 with 50A breaker, I chose to accept the ChargePoint Flex Home unit. I did the deal and picked up my car on May 19th. At the time, the dealership said "you can get a charger or a charge credit, it'll take about a month".

For those that took the charger option -- what did your dealership say for timeframes? Has anyone actually gotten one yet on the offer?

They're clearly back-ordering out the wazoo, and Amazon is listing scalper prices of $1300+. Anyone have any clues about whether ChargePoint will get us chargers in a reasonable timeframe?

I'm doing OK with the supplied charger other than not (yet) being able to set the charging time slot to the cheapest power rate in my area -- midnight to 6AM. I usually turn in around 10PM and out around 6AM, so I'd rather not march out and plug in at midnight. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Since I have a functioning NEMA15-50 with 50A breaker, I chose to accept the ChargePoint Flex Home unit. I did the deal and picked up my car on May 19th. At the time, the dealership said "you can get a charger or a charge credit, it'll take about a month".

For those that took the charger option -- what did your dealership say for timeframes? Has anyone actually gotten one yet on the offer?

They're clearly back-ordering out the wazoo, and Amazon is listing scalper prices of $1300+. Anyone have any clues about whether ChargePoint will get us chargers in a reasonable timeframe?

I'm doing OK with the supplied charger other than not (yet) being able to set the charging time slot to the cheapest power rate in my area -- midnight to 6AM. I usually turn in around 10PM and out around 6AM, so I'd rather not march out and plug in at midnight. :)
I picked up our car about 3 weeks ago and got the redemption code via email from Volvo yesterday. Both versions of the charger are on backorder for 5-6 weeks according the the Chargepoint site.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, shoot, wait for a code, then wait for a charger? <sigh>

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I hope to have my P8 Sunday (Bursting Blue, twin to my wife's Bursting Blue T5) and they supply a voucher that you email, then wait for redemption then get in line. I am tempted to order something else and EBay the ChargePoint when I get it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
was the chargepoint charger offered complimentary at some point?
I got my car yesterday and they filled in the form I had to check a box that you pick either $500 in free charging or the charger. I selected the charger and now have to wait for dealer to finish the form and email to Volvo, then the wait. I am going to order either a Juicebox or Wallbox and sell the ChargePoint when it arrives so I can charge off peak where I get 400KwH of power free every month from midnight to 6am.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my car yesterday and they filled in the form I had to check a box that you pick either $500 in free charging or the charger. I selected the charger and now have to wait for dealer to finish the form and email to Volvo, then the wait. I am going to order either a Juicebox or Wallbox and sell the ChargePoint when it arrives so I can charge off peak where I get 400KwH of power free every month from midnight to 6am.
I’ve got to quit reading these posts, as I get madder and madder. My dealer in the Portland area of Oregon charged full MSRP, declined to offer any accessories for unfinished SW, no mention of charging credit nor allowance towards a charger. I ordered a Juicebox from Home Depot, they said they shipped it the next day and charged my card. They never shipped it because they didn’t have any. Then when it didn’t arrive by the day they said, they said again that they shipped it. They hadn’t. I called their customer service to cancel my order, she said that she couldn’t. I disputed the charge on my credit card and ordered the Juicebox from EnelX. I got it and am very happy with it. Don’t buy anything from Home Depot.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think in the Northwest, Northeast and CA being big EV states the dealers have demand for the cars, here in GA and most of SE no EV incentives and fuel tends to be cheap. Several dealers told me MSRP at first, but eventually all began discounting. One was like sorry no discounts and later in day was at $2000 off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked up our car about 3 weeks ago and got the redemption code via email from Volvo yesterday. Both versions of the charger are on backorder for 5-6 weeks according the the Chargepoint site.
I picked up my car 4 weeks ago in Sacramento. I am still waiting for my ChargePoint charger code from Volvo. Has anyone else in this area received their code? In general, have people received their code by the 4 week mark?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I picked up my car 4 weeks ago in Sacramento. I am still waiting for my ChargePoint charger code from Volvo. Has anyone else in this area received their code? In general, have people received their code by the 4 week mark?
Only three weeks for me (also in Sacramento) but getting antsy about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We bought a demo back in February. Volvo proactively called me in mid-march to offer me either a $500 check or $500 chargepoint credit as a result of them "missing launch features". I took the check option and it just arrived on Saturday with the check date of May 31, 2021. Not sure if that helps at all - but that was my experience.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Only three weeks for me (also in Sacramento) but getting antsy about it.
I contacted the Niello dealer this morning to ask them to look into the status. They say it shows in process on their end and to let them know by end of week. I will follow and share.

·
Registered
276 Posts
3+ weeks to get voucher then 5+ weeks for device, my Wallbox comes tomorrow for now. When I get the ChargePoint in 2+ months I will decide what to do then.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The form states "Customer can expect to receive a redemption code for selected offer via email within 3 weeks".
3 weeks passed for me ... and I received no email.
So I asked my dealer for an update/status - he was no help whatsoever - I just get a whole bunch of grief when I ask for status.
So I emailed the address on the form ([email protected]) and cc'd my dealer.
And ... bingo .. the next day, I received my redemption code.
Here's the form. Good luck, y'all.

form.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I talked to my dealer a month ago about this, they had no idea how to do it. Nothing about codes or anything, that must be new. So they had me order the EVSE myself from Chargepoint, then they cut me a check to offset the cost. Still waiting for it to ship from Chargepoint, said 3-4 week delay at the time of order.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts