Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Technology Screenshot Electronic device Display device
Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Electronic device
Are these two new? Found them in the App Store on the car?

Anyone installed them on their car?
How well do they work.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, volvo has an agreement with charge point. You can just pull up and click start charging on your screen and it pays for you.
Nifty will get it. Does it support using your chargepoint to pay for EVgo? At present I use the chargepoint card to get chargepoint to park for EVgo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll add one FYI/slight warning.
If you use the EVGO app to get into parking garage via the in-app QR code, and then use the chargepoint app to start/pay for charging, make sure to keep your receipt about the chargepoint charge and potentially pro-actively email it (I think I did email confirmation) to evgo.
There was a location near me that people were using the evgo app to get into parking garage to just park and not charge. They evgo suddenly, without warning, and without any notes on my account for reps to see quickly, closed my account because they thought I did this. I did not as I had paid for charging via chargepoint. But because evgo didn't have a data point between my evgo app getting into garage and then evgo-paid for parking, they thought I just used it for the free parking.

Probably rare-ish but apparently was happening enough that they did shut down accounts. Or maybe the Tesla folks (there's a tesla storefront in same building this garage is) were taking advantage of the "Free parking" from the app.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll add one FYI/slight warning.
If you use the EVGO app to get into parking garage via the in-app QR code, and then use the chargepoint app to start/pay for charging, make sure to keep your receipt about the chargepoint charge and potentially pro-actively email it (I think I did email confirmation) to evgo.
There was a location near me that people were using the evgo app to get into parking garage to just park and not charge. They evgo suddenly, without warning, and without any notes on my account for reps to see quickly, closed my account because they thought I did this. I did not as I had paid for charging via chargepoint. But because evgo didn't have a data point between my evgo app getting into garage and then evgo-paid for parking, they thought I just used it for the free parking.

Probably rare-ish but apparently was happening enough that they did shut down accounts. Or maybe the Tesla folks (there's a tesla storefront in same building this garage is) were taking advantage of the "Free parking" from the app.
Good info! And not fun thing to have happened. I hate being called a non rule follower when I am following the rules!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
42 Posts
I want to add that this is not necessarily free. I bought a MY 2021 XC40 Recharge at the beginning of October. The ChargePoint program had expired and I don't get free charging there. I did install the app in the car and it is now paired to my ChargePoint account so it looks like everything will work as described above, except I will be paying for the charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts