Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my Recharge on April 24th. It appears that it wasn't fully 'programmed' since I could not use all the apps (like GPS) and it was not consistently connecting to the internet. Had to bring in for service on May 13th to solve issue.
On May 19th I had the unfortunate experience while driving of the center display screen going ORANGE, then black. No apps available, but the screen above the steering wheel was still visible and thankfully the car itself did not shut down. Took about 2 minutes, the system rebooted and I was able to call Volvo to describe the issue. I hung up, and then almost immediately, the screen this time turned BLUE, then Black, and then on the display above the steering wheel flashed the message "Infotainment system failure, service required".
Again, system rebooted, I called dealership and we agreed a service appointment needed to be booked, but timing was not compatible with my schedule. Car was running fine. I went out of town for a week and the car stayed home, no-one driving it while I was away.
June 5th as I was attempting to park in my garage, put the car into Reverse and now my screen is PINK then Black...again it reset itself within minutes.

Anyone else have this happen? I've been booked in for another appointment on June 11th...will have to see what the problem is...

·
Registered
14 Posts
See my thread below:

If your car has a similar issue, it might also need hardware fix, software updates won't help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts