Volvo XC40 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
138 Posts
Well the my23 spec sheet says otherwise

View attachment 3957
Erm, my 2022 XC40, built in mid April has 8 G0B on the build sheet too. I hope you get it when your 2023 is delivered, but it looks like a software update yet to come right now. I’m an Apple user too, but I’m not too concerned. There’s too much fun to be had driving the car and frankly, I’m not sure I need more distraction.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thats between you and your dealer, not volvos fault.
Living in the rain forest on the west coast of Canada, we get lots of rain and yes, the brakes film over with rust overnight. Drive it for a little bit and it’s all gone. I suspect the people who have more serious issues are probably not driving their cars daily or are out of town for a bit. It seems the car has an algorithm built into the braking software to clear the rust, but I suspect more serious build-up takes longer to clear. The solution appears to be driving it! I like that solution.

·
Registered
378 Posts
So what can we get out of Volvo for not delivering on the aforementioned "coming early 2022" paperwork we signed if Android Auto is not coming at end of June like CarPlay is expected to?

Do we get a free car wash that will rust our brakes or......? ;-)

(No but seriously, I understand them having that doc we signed saying this stuff is coming, but now that they (likely) missed their own deadline, doesn't that de-value my car if I valued that as part of the?)
Coming early 2022… it’s still early 2022 until June 30, and the Volvo exec on this forum confirmed in another thread today that it’s coming June 26 to dealers and July 3 OTA. So technically they’ll meet that I think.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge (P8 - USA)
60 Posts
Coming early 2022… it’s still early 2022 until June 30, and the Volvo exec on this forum confirmed in another thread today that it’s coming June 26 to dealers and July 3 OTA. So technically they’ll meet that I think.
For CarPlay it sounds like, but there has been radio silence on Android Auto. So if one takes that silence has not planned in same push as CarPlay, then they'd miss it. Lets cross fingers just bad communication and both CarPlay and AA are coming at same time, but I don't have good feeling, sigh.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
470 Posts
Concerning Android Auto... I replayed the Volvo webinar and transcribed the reply:

"Will an Android-Auto app be available this year?"
Glenn (operations & support, connected car): "There's currently no release date scheduled for that.
But I would just keep the car up to date. If that becomes available, you'll see that."

Adding insult to injury, the carline manager had no clue about Google Assistant already being able to control OPD on/off by voice.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,085 Posts
Adding insult to injury, the carline manager had no clue about Google Assistant already being able to control OPD on/off by voice.
I actually wonder if this is even a documented, intentional feature - or something a developer threw in without telling anyone. I still find it surprising that a critical driving function (like braking) could easily be changed just by someone shouting from the back seat!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I remember when I test drove the car that it knew which seat heater to switch on when the sales guy told it to. I asked and it switched mine on, so perhaps there’s a position-relative control to ignore back seat drivers! If only I could do that sometimes…

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
I remember when I test drove the car that it knew which seat heater to switch on when the sales guy told it to. I asked and it switched mine on, so perhaps there’s a position-relative control to ignore back seat drivers! If only I could do that sometimes…
Or just switch it to press to listen mode.

·
Registered
40 Posts
At Apple's World Wide Developers Conference today (June 6, 2022) they announced a new version of CarPlay. It is my hope that the delays in getting this long-promised addition to the Volvo recharge lineup is due in part to this announcement.

New version of CarPlay will include support for controlling all vehicle systems, plus dash clusters and more.

CarPlay can take over all in-car screens, "the very best of your car and your iPhone"

Can control car radio or climate controls without ever leaving CarPlay. Includes widgets, including on the gauge cluster.

iPhone communicates with in-car systems to display all the data. Supports multiple sizes and shapes of screens.

Make core of driving experience unique to you, custom instrument cluster options. Different themes and styles coming.

Apple stated: "Vehicles will start to be announced later this year and we can't wait to show you more further down the road."

Now THIS would be a game changer - can we hope Volvo will be on board?
My understanding of this is that it's a full in-car OS, kinda like Android Auto vs. Android Automotive, so I don't think we'll see this considering our cars run on Android Automotive OS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My understanding of this is that it's a full in-car OS, kinda like Android Auto vs. Android Automotive, so I don't think we'll see this considering our cars run on Android Automotive OS.
We should be, at least in US they made folks sign a piece of paper saying it was coming. AAOS requires developers to update their apps to support it so its not as wide spread (Ala Audible). Additionally it appears car makers control what apps are available for the specific cars (Ala A Better Route Planner).
AA would be car agnostic which is what it was built for. Ideally you wouldn't need AA if you had AAOS but the ecosystem isn't there yet.

But they said it was coming so it better be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We should be, at least in US they made folks sign a piece of paper saying it was coming. AAOS requires developers to update their apps to support it so its not as wide spread (Ala Audible). Additionally it appears car makers control what apps are available for the specific cars (Ala A Better Route Planner).
AA would be car agnostic which is what it was built for. Ideally you wouldn't need AA if you had AAOS but the ecosystem isn't there yet.

But they said it was coming so it better be.
Yes CarPlay is coming, I'm saying that this new Apple CarPlay Full OS which controls the entire car is likely not coming to the XC40. In the same way as a car might have Android Auto, but not run Android Automotive OS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes CarPlay is coming, I'm saying that this new Apple CarPlay Full OS which controls the entire car is likely not coming to the XC40. In the same way as a car might have Android Auto, but not run Android Automotive OS.
Ah sorry, I didn't read your reply closely enough, I thought you were talking about AA not Carplay/Apple version of AAOS.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts