Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Also, the car doesn't support Android Automotive, it's built on it. And it doesn't support Android AUTO at all, either (which seems to be what they're implying).
The update is supposed to add CarPlay and Android Auto - Google continues with its awful naming conventions. Seriously Android Auto and Android Automotive? Real clear!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
501 Posts
The update is supposed to add CarPlay and Android Auto
That's strange. During the USA Volvo webinar, they specifically answered that Android Auto wasn't going to be available anytime soon.

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,107 Posts
That's strange. During the USA Volvo webinar, they specifically answered that Android Auto wasn't going to be available anytime soon.
Yep, I’ve seen no mention from either Polestar or Volvo about the Android Auto app - just CarPlay.

Reactions: houkura

·
Registered
75 Posts
The update is supposed to add CarPlay and Android Auto - Google continues with its awful naming conventions. Seriously Android Auto and Android Automotive? Real clear!
That isnt true, the update is not expected to include Android Auto. What is making you think otherwise?

·
Registered
410 Posts
If I’m not mistaken, never
I’m guessing Android users aren’t itching for Android Auto since they’re already knee deep in Google and likely more content with the built-in system. Whereas Apple users don’t find the same seamless experience and so want CarPlay instead. Just a hunch.

Reactions: Rhughes

·
Registered
75 Posts
As my23 are slated to appear shortly, they will be running 2.2 I suppose.

Should android users expect android auto after 2.2 with another update?
maybe at some point in the future but theres been no announced info that it is expected other than dealer spec sheets.

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
220 Posts
I for one am frustrated that they seem to be neglecting Android Auto and only following through with Apple CarPlay. Us Android users are just as annoyed as iOS users are with the pathetic selection of apps released for AAOS! Is there any other car out there that only implements one of these but not the other?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge (P8 - USA)
63 Posts
So what can we get out of Volvo for not delivering on the aforementioned "coming early 2022" paperwork we signed if Android Auto is not coming at end of June like CarPlay is expected to?

Do we get a free car wash that will rust our brakes or......? ;-)

(No but seriously, I understand them having that doc we signed saying this stuff is coming, but now that they (likely) missed their own deadline, doesn't that de-value my car if I valued that as part of the?)

·
Registered
75 Posts
So what can we get out of Volvo for not delivering on the aforementioned "coming early 2022" paperwork we signed if Android Auto is not coming at end of June like CarPlay is expected to?

Do we get a free car wash that will rust our brakes or......? ;-)

(No but seriously, I understand them having that doc we signed saying this stuff is coming, but now that they (likely) missed their own deadline, doesn't that de-value my car if I valued that as part of the?)
Thats between you and your dealer, not volvos fault.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I for one am frustrated that they seem to be neglecting Android Auto and only following through with Apple CarPlay. Us Android users are just as annoyed as iOS users are with the pathetic selection of apps released for AAOS! Is there any other car out there that only implements one of these but not the other?
Pretty sure acuras have carplay only and not aa unless that has changed more recently.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts