Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I believe that they were planning on releasing it with 2.1 but it was pulled out due to bugs. The manual was updated still.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge | Bursting Blue
100 Posts
Don't know if this makes a difference or not but when you select model year 2021, Carplay does not show up under "audio"

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,041 Posts
Says: "If not already installed it can be retrofitted - see Volvo retailer to have it installed"
This has been discussed in the other main CarPlay thread. The documentation appears to have been updated by MISTAKE. CarPlay is NOT actually available - neither via OTA or via Volvo Dealer.

CarPlay WAS originally scheduled to be released as part of the 2.1 update on 5/15/22. Due to bugs, it was pulled from the release at the last-minute. Apparently nobody told the documentation folks.

Reactions: magnus87

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This has been discussed in the other main CarPlay thread. The documentation appears to have been updated by MISTAKE. CarPlay is NOT actually available - neither via OTA or via Volvo Dealer.

CarPlay WAS originally scheduled to be released as part of the 2.1 update on 5/15/22. Due to bugs, it was pulled from the release at the last-minute. Apparently nobody told the documentation folks.
Got it, thanks.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It’s actually reassuring that they pulled it because of bugs. In the eternal “Features vs Stability” battle, I’m firmly on team Stability
Yes, although shipping is a feature, too :) In this case I think it's pretty clear to Volvo that - even without CarPlay - they can still sell as many XC40 Recharges as they can possibly manufacture & ship. So yet another delay for CarPlay is no big deal.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Although I did wonder if this was ultimately solely Volvo's call. Is there some kind of Apple certification or sign-off that needs to happen before car makers can ship a new CarPlay implementation?

·
Registered
371 Posts
The most current information we have from a Volvo exec on forum is week of June 26. Of course that could change, but they initially said May 15 before the delay…. and here it appears in the manual on that timeline.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Did dealers / sales people suddenly get this bad? Sure it’s an ev but ….

All the seem to do is get in the way and cause the car to cost more. They do not even do the paper work.

This is based on my experience buying Margo where sadly I knew a lot more about the car than they did. And they lied / made up stuff constantly.

I do not know anywhere near as much as my service department. They rock. Sales … could of had a cute dog to pet while I was choosing the car would of been more useful.

·
Registered
25 Posts

All the seem to do is get in the way and cause the car to cost more. They do not even do the paper work.

This is based on my experience buying Margo where sadly I knew a lot more about the car than they did. And they lied / made up stuff constantly.

I do not know anywhere near as much as my service department. They rock. Sales … could of had a cute dog to pet while I was choosing the car would of been more useful.
Buzzy’s dog would be great. we love the photos with his adorable dog. Anyway my sales experience was top notch. The sales rep told me that before he went to a seminar on the XC40/C40, he watched a lot of YouTube videos and gained a lot of knowledge. I could not have had a better experience with his hour and a half tour of the car. I knew a lot from here and YouTube as well but his explanation was superior. He has also called me several times to see if I have any questions. Even a call last week to wish me a Happy Birthday.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think they were always bad. Salespeople for whatever reason don't like to say, "I don't know, let me check for you." Like it will somehow discourage the customer from buying the car if they can't provide an answer, even if it's wrong and they don't actually have any idea. Stuff like this carplay issue though is understandable because they only know what Volvo has told the dealership. It's pretty clear to me the dealerships don't have much of any inside track on what's coming. Rarely they might get some news it seems but, like I said, they never want to admit they don't know something so you'll never really know if what they tell you is BS to make you happy or an actual tip.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts