Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Put down a deposit on a 2022 XC40 Recharge (full electric), and was assured by the dealer that CarPlay support would be available in a software update "soon". I emailed Customer Support, and asked, figuring the dealer didn't know anything (as they never do). The reply:

Thank you for your email. We cannot speculate if 2022 XC40 Recharge vehicles will support Apple Car play in the future. These vehicles are built to be supported by the Google-based infotainment system. We do not have an update if or when Apple Car play will be available with the vehicle's Google platform. We do not have an engineering team here at our office. We have no additional information to relay.
Google AAOS seems to support CarPlay on other brands (GM, in particular), and everything else I've seen online seems to say that prior communications indicated it was coming at some point - I've seen "Spring 2022". Is Volvo customer support just not making any effort to get me an answer here - or is it possible this is no longer happening at all?

I also don't see a reference to CarPlay support anymore on the product pages - I feel like I did even just a few weeks ago, when we were looking. Am I losing my mind? Or do I need to find another car brand, if CarPlay is important to me (long term, it's okay to miss it for a few months)?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Apple Car Play was on the one we looked at. Needed a cord to mimic your phone screen, though. You’d think they would get Bluetooth to take car of that.
My fault for not realizing this thread was not in the Recharge forum. The ICE XC40 is still using Sensus, which has CarPlay. My comment pertained to the lack of CarPlay in the EV model of the XC40. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
They are moving all there cars to non sensus I think. The evs just got there first “yay?”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts