Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah it is confusing. There was even confusion over the 8’year battery warrantee. Asking the dealer has absolutely no value as they are basically a magic 8 ball and either amazingly willing to lie or dumb (this is based on my personal experience with my dealership) only reason I brought it from there is the service department which rocks. The sales department are a …. Nope Not going there … working on letting it go….
I just purchased mine. The sales department was potentially the worst customer service and least professional people I have ever met. It was truly amazing and when I called them on their bs they got all pissy. I could ask them the same question every day of the week and I would get a different response every time. I'm hoping part of it is they lost all their workers during covid and just filled it with random people off the street. If the service department is as bad thankfully I have three other dealerships I could go to. So does anybody actually know how much complimentary service we get? It clearly says "for life"...

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
At some point after we got the car they managed to loose some of our paper work twice. The second time they were amazingly polite and attentive As we had to help them. It proved that they were not stuck in pissy arsehole mode … alas they only got out of it for their benefit. So odd …
For life would be good

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
230 Posts
This is off topic from the thread title, but my 2021 sticker has 3 yrs / 40k miles. (4yr warranty, 12yr corrosion, and 4yr Google services)

Product Rectangle Yellow Font Parallel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its doesn't matter how long they say, I will sell it next year when other brands EV come out. So 3yr, 4yr or even life time doesn't matter at all, volvo is totally running behind on Technology, maybe they are good at gas car but not EV for sure.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Its doesn't matter how long they say, I will sell it next year when other brands EV come out. So 3yr, 4yr or even life time doesn't matter at all, volvo is totally running behind on Technology, maybe they are good at gas car but not EV for sure.
The car is good. Some of the software is less polished. Saying they are behind In evs negates all the problems and recalls other major car companies are having. I would say Volvo is on par with other new ev companies. Sure Tesla is ahead but they have had their rocky years. Good luck with the new other brands when they come out. They will have problems :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
We are the beta testers for AAOS, pure and simple. I met a Polestar 2 owner at a charging station and he gave me the heads-up about the delays for CarPlay/AndroidAuto.

Simply put, while AAOS might be great some day, it is only on a handful of vehicles, versus the BILLIONS of Android devices Google is committed to support. I can imagine the conversation in 2019 was "Sure, we'll get it all done in a year or two", only to realize the immense work that needs to be done.

I am most disappointed by the lack of support for the SiriusXM hardware already in my car. Fortunately, I can use the app on my phone.

I don't understand how Volvo can insinuate moving to AAOS for their other non-EV vehicles.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I agree, but my guess is this decision was made a while back. I wonder if XM, Carplay and Android Auto are missing from the new XC60, if so that may be more a concern as people want their smart devices.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree, but my guess is this decision was made a while back. I wonder if XM, Carplay and Android Auto are missing from the new XC60, if so that may be more a concern as people want their smart devices.
They are. It’s outrageous and it’s going to bite Volvo in the butt. We’re the out-there fringe right now, but the XC60 is about as mainstream milquetoast as you can get. As those users get their cars and realize they can’t do things they’ve done for years, it’s not going to go over well.

Reactions: mike1234

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
They are. It’s outrageous and it’s going to bite Volvo in the butt. We’re the out-there fringe right now, but the XC60 is about as mainstream milquetoast as you can get. As those users get their cars and realize they can’t do things they’ve done for years, it’s not going to go over well.
Yeah that makes no sense,I get tearing this stuff with a low volume EV, but the XC60 is messing with the bread and butter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah that makes no sense,I get tearing this stuff with a low volume EV, but the XC60 is messing with the bread and butter.
Okay so after all this - for someone who loved the apple Carplay functionality in the xc60 hybrid - and looking to go all-electric (without giving up apple car play) .... what are my options? I think it's mostly the VW Id4 because iirc you can use usb for apple car play (although it has other issues for sure).
But is there any EV out there that will 100% replicate that "push one-button to access almost any apple phone function" thing I have been spoiled by? It's hard to think of leaving Volvo but I have no desire for this android situation.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Okay so after all this - for someone who loved the apple Carplay functionality in the xc60 hybrid - and looking to go all-electric (without giving up apple car play) .... what are my options? I think it's mostly the VW Id4 because iirc you can use usb for apple car play (although it has other issues for sure).
But is there any EV out there that will 100% replicate that "push one-button to access almost any apple phone function" thing I have been spoiled by? It's hard to think of leaving Volvo but I have no desire for this android situation.

I believe Volvo delayed CarPlay until early 22. Not a good answer, but my Apple centric wife is coping well with the P8 and Google, but she does not do much other than music.

·
Registered
177 Posts
CarPlay is supposed to be available on the EV6. I have mixed information on whether wireless CarPlay is supported.

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
190 Posts
Not sure what the rave is about CarPlay. I’ve had cars with and without. I barely used it on the cars that had it, the main reason was the sound quality. Music always sounded muffled to say the least. Instead, I used my iPhone apps via Bluetooth with much better audio quality.
Yes I miss Waze but that’s it. All other apps I use them via Bluetooth.
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2021 P8
52 Posts
Out Bolt had CarPlay. I agree, it’s ridiculous that something this basic isn’t included by now. I’m guessing it’s a Google thing. It’s the one item holding me back from loving this car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a good reason to believe CarPlay support is ever coming? I put down a deposit for a 2022 XC40 Recharge EV last weekend, but Customer Service is giving very non-answery answers right now. (See my thread in Electronics/tech for details). Not sure we're going to take delivery if that's the case... sigh. Otherwise very happy with the car, but if it's Google AAOS or nothing, not sure we will stomach it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Seeing as Volvo has a ton of bugs and has been late with things I am not holding my breathe. Maybe by mid-22 and even then likely to be buggy. I do think it will arrive as the XC60 has AAOS and it will turn some customers away if it does not get it. How fly the push now is wireless Android Auto and Carply so releasing a car without it seems rather lame. They are banking on the folks using native AAOS, which for Android users is more reasonable, but die hard Apple users will pass on the car at some point.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts