Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I feel I should have been able to find this by searching, but I only located a lot of threads discussing the upcoming software update that will allow wireless CarPlay later this year.
But what I have been unable to understand so far, no matter how much I scroll around, is: Does the XC40 Recharge support regular, non-wireless, CarPlay today? Or is that also not released yet?
Thanks,
Jonathan

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is my understanding that another update, coming 2nd half of 2021 (around June/July) will address and unlock the CarPlay features, but not yet at this time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dealer told me during delivery of my vehicle that iPhone connected via the USB-C port would allow for using Apple CarPlay ... but I don't have a Lightning/USB-C adapter to be able to test it ... and I'm skeptical it would work. Anyone else try it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dealer told me during delivery of my vehicle that iPhone connected via the USB-C port would allow for using Apple CarPlay ... but I don't have a Lightning/USB-C adapter to be able to test it ... and I'm skeptical it would work. Anyone else try it?
Man I am so curious about this too! Hope somebody can shed light :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
We had a loaner car (that the dealer has had for a few months) and neither USB-C port worked with CarPlay. I had found a page the other day on Volvo’s site saying CarPlay would work in a future update (not this most recent) but cannot find it again. We’re taking delivery Friday, so I’ll share more details then. You can also visit the Polestar forums as that is essentially the same car. They have “phone as key” functionality (which we don’t Have yet IIRC) — but even they have not yet received a CarPlay unlock OTA update.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It does not currently work. Wired and wireless both need to wait for a software update. I tried it with a cable already.

Right now all the usb-c ports are providing power. One is clearly marked to be the wired carplay port in the future, but until it is provided in the update it will continue to be just another power port.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Android Auto / Carplay works only on the USB ports installed below the main screen, and must be connected exclusively to the one with a white frame around it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts