Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a XC40 2020. When I am using Carplay, the music gets almost muted when I hear the guidance instructions (from CarPlay). I am aware of the settings for CarPlay about reading the instruction at low, medium or loud, but there is no difference whatever I choose. It is very jarring.

Recently I got an XC60 loaner while my car was in service and I didn’t have that problem at all.

I tried to modify the settings in the car, but it seems to only modify the navigation from the car.

Is there a setting that I am missing? Is this extreme cut in the music normal?

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 14 connected directly to the XC40 with a cable.

Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
260 Posts
When this has happened to me, I had to try a few things: 1) turn down the volume knob in the car while the nav voice is talking (the car has separate volumes for its own audio and nav volumes) 2) fully close out all apps in your phone by swiping up let me know if you don’t know what I mean 3) restart your phone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jezza, thank you for your answer.
I restarted the phone, I also hard-restarted, I tried several combinations with the navigation and music volumes, but it keeps happening. The music almost cuts out completely, from any volume that could be be set to play. The only thing I haven’t tried is closing all the other apps (I’ve tried closing and reopening music). I will let you know if that helps. I am pretty good with software/hardware and technology in general. This is baffling to me.

Does it keep happening to you?

Gus

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Similar question but for the google maps. Anyway to make it pause the song or audio book being played when it gives directions. I have to dive for the pause button.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts