Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
17 Posts
Cool!

Improved compatibility with iPhone, including wireless charging.
That sounds interesting too, we've had mixed experiences with the wireless charger, sometimes it just doesn't bother at all, despite making the phone really hot!

I'm assuming we're still not expecting the CarPlay connection to be made wirelessly though?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!

That sounds interesting too, we've had mixed experiences with the wireless charger, sometimes it just doesn't bother at all, despite making the phone really hot!

I'm assuming we're still not expecting the CarPlay connection to be made wirelessly though?
Same issue, it gets real hot and will charge and them stop and then charge again

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same issue, it gets real hot and will charge and them stop and then charge again
its most likely because of MagSafe in the phone. The magnets can really mes with Qi chargers. It stops and starts charging due to the thermal cutout in the iPhones BMS. I have an iPhone XS and 13 pro, the XS does just fine but my 13 pro does not so well. My husbands 11 pro does fine as well, which lacks mag safe.

·
Registered
188 Posts
its most likely because of MagSafe in the phone. The magnets can really mes with Qi chargers. It stops and starts charging due to the thermal cutout in the iPhones BMS. I have an iPhone XS and 13 pro, the XS does just fine but my 13 pro does not so well. My husbands 11 pro does fine as well, which lacks mag safe.
I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max in a non-Apple magsafe case and it charges fine in my 2021 XC40.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max in a non-Apple magsafe case and it charges fine in my 2021 XC40.
Wonder what it is. Im just going off my experience as I also have have a Base Station Pro charging pad from Nomad. I have and had the same issue with my iPhone 12 Pro and my 13 Pro Max. Didnt have the issue with my 11 Pro Max or my XS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
"I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max in a non-Apple magsafe case and it charges fine in my 2021 XC40. "

My phone charges fine in the C40 with Magsafe case on (Apple brand case). Same phone. Does not get 'hot'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts