Volvo XC40 Forum banner

caring for seats in XC40 momentum

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  eVolved 
#1 ·
Hello,

I just purchased an XC40 AWD Momentum in Ice White with blonde interior. I love the light color seats but want to make sure I can protect the color. I can't find info on what the seats are made of (i.e. nubuck or leather). I know I can ask dealer tomorrow (I haven't picked up car yet). My question is whether anyone can recommend a quality protector and cleaner?

#2 ·
Car comes with a set of leather cleaning/conditioning wipes. Once these are finished you can use the highly recommended Meguiar's Leather Wipes. Key is to clean the leather surfaces regularly. Use about two wipes for the entire interior (all the leather surfaces). Let it dry for about 5 minutes and wipe with a dry, clean microfiber cloth. If you let dirt settle on the seats it will act as an abrasive and accelerate wear. I would suggest wiping the leather every time you clean the interior of the car (hopefully at least once every two weeks :wink).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.