Volvo XC40 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sure sounds like some reasonable turn around time and its good to see you're getting those updates. Keep us posted on when delivery day arrives. Just make sure to do a good inspection before rolling off the lot for any damage to be addressed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I guess that's not too bad considering prices start at $640 and go up from their and the fact that winter tires come at no extra cost (unless i'm wrong) can make insurance more competitive. It will be interesting to see what other people pay as more numbers roll in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am coming up on 12 months into a Care by Volvo contract. Everything was going fine, but then suddenly I got a bill from Liberty Mutual. Never happened before and, so far as I can tell, it was not due to any change in policy or premium. I contacted Volvo and said "I can ignore this, right?" They said "you have to contact Liberty Mutual". So I said "Well, no. I have Care by Volvo, which means that you guys take care of all the hassle of dealing with maintenance, insurance, etc., not me." They said, not our problem - call Liberty Mutual.

Anyone else having this problem so far?

·
155 Posts
I have LM for other insurance and my auto policy does show up in their billing profile but I ignore it. Volvo pays the auto policy bill for you but LM is its own company. Sounds like the Volvo rep could have been more “Caring.” Overall I’m struggling to find value with the subscription and will not renew when its up. Great idea but in practice it doesn’t merge well enough with existing legal and practical structures.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is a lot to be desired for the insurance program under Care by Volvo. When I subscribed last January 2019, I sent LM my cert for the National Safety Safety Drivers course. So they credited 10% discount on my insurance, and I can see this when I log in to LM. So I just sent an email to Volvo concierge and asked why am I not getting credit for this? Their answer is everyone pays the same. So on renewal I simply did not include my safety driver and now the bill appears to be $400 more than the previous year. Their loss... not mine.

·
155 Posts
From the way it looks online, it definitely seems Volvo is getting ripped off by Liberty Mutual. When I was thinking about buying, I called my then-current carrier for a quote (GEICO) which had been great, by the way, and their quote was half of what it looks like Volvo is paying LM. I have to wonder if Volvo is paying a flat rate per approved participant or something because they similarly didn’t care when I called to tell them my premium had dropped after getting new discounts. I’m guessing LM will use the inflated premium calculations when negotiating with Volvo, so Volvo really should care either way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
From the way it looks online, it definitely seems Volvo is getting ripped off by Liberty Mutual. When I was thinking about buying, I called my then-current carrier for a quote (GEICO) which had been great, by the way, and their quote was half of what it looks like Volvo is paying LM. I have to wonder if Volvo is paying a flat rate per approved participant or something because they similarly didn’t care when I called to tell them my premium had dropped after getting new discounts. I’m guessing LM will use the inflated premium calculations when negotiating with Volvo, so Volvo really should care either way.
There is of course the possibility that LM did not want to make a special program so they use their stock insurance program that we see when we log in. In reality, Volvo may just pay a flat rate like you said. So what we see on the LM site, may not be what the "contract" price is.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Has anyone had their care by Volvo car for a year yet and upgraded to a new one?
Mine is coming up to a year but I decided to skip 2020 since not much changed since 2019. As a matter of fact I read complaints about it having less features than 2019. So I wait till 2021 comes out next end of the year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is coming up to a year but I decided to skip 2020 since not much changed since 2019. As a matter of fact I read complaints about it having less features than 2019. So I wait till 2021 comes out next end of the year.
Which model do you have? Which features are missing now?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am coming up on 12 months into a Care by Volvo contract. Everything was going fine, but then suddenly I got a bill from Liberty Mutual. Never happened before and, so far as I can tell, it was not due to any change in policy or premium. I contacted Volvo and said "I can ignore this, right?" They said "you have to contact Liberty Mutual". So I said "Well, no. I have Care by Volvo, which means that you guys take care of all the hassle of dealing with maintenance, insurance, etc., not me." They said, not our problem - call Liberty Mutual.

Anyone else having this problem so far?
I’ve been having similar experience, I had an accident and I was hoping that care by volvo is taking “care” of the situation to some extent but it was all on me to align with dealership, bodyshop, insurance, not even providing a loaner car only whatever car that insurance provides through enterprise up until $45/day and if the repair takes more than what you’re insurance covers you have to pay that out of your pocket!... so I’m not sure how is this different from a regular lease! I talked to a care by volvo rep and asked about what this concierge is all about in this program and it seems you’re taken care of up until you sign the contract and after you’re hooked you’re on your own!

·
155 Posts
Yeah it was a really misleading campaign. For all intents and purposes, a CBV subscription is nothing more than an expensive lease with an early termination clause.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Yall! So I got the 2019 XC40 back in July of 2018 so this is the 2yr mark and my subscription has ended. Contact Carvana when yours is ending! I am getting $5,000 cash back from them by letting them buy the lease off me (since the buy off is less then what the car is worth). Take the free money and do what I did!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Yall! So I got the 2019 XC40 back in July of 2018 so this is the 2yr mark and my subscription has ended. Contact Carvana when yours is ending! I am getting $5,000 cash back from them by letting them buy the lease off me (since the buy off is less then what the car is worth). Take the free money and do what I did!
I'm actually thinking of selling mine on Carvana as well. My XC40 is just sitting on the drivway since I've been working from home for months now. Did you have to contact Liberty Mutual to cancel the insurance? What was the process like?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm actually thinking of selling mine on Carvana as well. My XC40 is just sitting on the drivway since I've been working from home for months now. Did you have to contact Liberty Mutual to cancel the insurance? What was the process like?
I didn’t cancel the insurance. Thanks for reminding me. Haha. But Carvana process was easy. You will have to hop on a 3way call with them and Volvo for them to get the dealer pay off form. I got a direct deposit the day after they picked up. And I got 5k back compared to turning in the lease. I live in LA and I guess it’s a desirable car so it actually gave me an extra 1k in adjustments which made their offer more then Carmax. That’s why I did it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn’t cancel the insurance. Thanks for reminding me. Haha. But Carvana process was easy. You will have to hop on a 3way call with them and Volvo for them to get the dealer pay off form. I got a direct deposit the day after they picked up. And I got 5k back compared to turning in the lease. I live in LA and I guess it’s a desirable car so it actually gave me an extra 1k in adjustments which made their offer more then Carmax. That’s why I did it.
Ah gotcha. I live in OC and still have about 10 months to go. I checked the current value of my 2019 T5 R-Design XC40 and it's a few hundred dollars less than the buyout price. So Idk actually. I barely the drive car and I really like this car, but I may have to get rid of it. It's just gathering dust..

61 - 80 of 86 Posts