Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are planning a trip, due to dietary issues I have to take a lot of my own food hence need a car freezer.

Anyone have suggestions for car freezers that
A. Work well
B. Fit in the trunk with the visibility shield down.
C. As it’s an ev efficiency would be good.

also does anyone know if the freezer works better in the rear without the visibility shield so the air can circulate better? Of course this would mean when parking the car would be begging for a break in (had window smashed 13 times over the years).

cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Dometic CF18 and really love it. I didn't know anyone made a compressor powered refrigerator/freezer until the GF and I took a trip to New Zealand and one of these was in our Juicy Cabana Campervan. Without knowing any better I set the dial right in the middle, and proceeded to freeze everything within a couple hours!

During the pandemic my CF18 has been running 24/7 in my lab at work. You'll need a decent 120-12VDC adapter to actually run it off mains voltage if you remove it from the car - this is one reason I installed a hot 12V Accessory Outlet in the cargo area. For longer trips with a roof-top tent, I'll take my Goal Zero Yeti 400 and put that between the Car and the Refrigerator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts