Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,268 Posts
The roof is painted at the factory, so no, you can't "install" a black roof on a white car. You could take the car to a paint shop and have the roof painted or wrapped in any colour of your choice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've wrapped my car's roof before. Not too difficult or expensive if you aren't a perfectionist. Plain glossy or matte black will show a lot of surface imperfections up close (stray hairs, dirt, etc) from lack of perfect prep, inexperience, or just plain bad luck. From a car length or two away, you probably won't be able to tell it wasn't paint.

If you're interested, you can get 20 or so feet of vinyl, which should allow you to wrap the roof around 3 times. That's two practice runs!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've wrapped my car's roof before. Not too difficult or expensive if you aren't a perfectionist. ... If you're interested, you can get 20 or so feet of vinyl, which should allow you to wrap the roof around 3 times. That's two practice runs!
Heheh. Self-wrapping the roof is one of the last things I'm going to try on my (first) new Volvo! I don't think I'd even let a professional vinyl shop touch it. But, if they did, I'd design some killer graphics and have it printed on that polychromatic laser-etched vinyl stock that 's all the rage with the kiddies. Go loud or go home.

·
Registered
2019 XC40 T5 Momentum
45 Posts
I've been considering using black spray Plastidip, papering off the remainder of the car, and coating the areas to simulate the R-design black roof. Nice thing about Plastidip is after it dries (given you've put 3+ coats on), it will peel off and leave the paint undamaged. Good stuff.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really wanted the hellion turbo. I craved it for awhile, but since turbos do make the most power, they sometimes have reliability issues. (I know this sounds dumb) If I ever do go boost I'd like to go mimimal on supporting mods and low boost, and with the Paxton I've heard at least it isn't as hard on the internals which I would need since it is my daily.

snaptube vidmate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts