Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue MFD 6/21
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I tried reaching out to Volvo via the app email contact. It pre-filled most of my details which is helpful but today I received the dreaded Mail Delivery Subsystem notice.
Anyone having issues as well?
(See screenshot of the email received)

I was tried to contact them regarding the 8 digit code the dealer has to provide to activate the EA offer and the issues I’m having with the wireless charger. The dealer is really not helping.

Font Electronic device Software Multimedia Gadget

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
632 Posts
"Rejected by DNS Blacklist" refers to the SENDER email server being blacklisted for suspicious or spam-like activity. That's YOU in this case.

Is your email address hosted by a large commercial provider like Google, Microsoft, Apple, Xfinity, etc? Or hosted on a private domain server?

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue MFD 6/21
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Rejected by DNS Blacklist" refers to the SENDER email server being blacklisted for suspicious or spam-like activity. That's YOU in this case.

Is your email address hosted by a large commercial provider like Google, Microsoft, Apple, Xfinity, etc? Or hosted on a private domain server?
Yes, my email is @google.com

If that’s the case then a large percentage of users will be rejected.

·
Registered
'22 XC40 Recharge Ultimate
46 Posts
Happening to me too. I tried to appeal via chat in the Volvo Cars app and via Twitter direct messages, but the people answering those lines are unable to help. Not being able to communicate with Volvo from my [email protected] account is really bothering me! :mad:

·
Registered
632 Posts
The problem is that Volvo IT are using "SORBS" 3rd-party DNS black-listing software on their email servers. SORBS is notorious for routinely black-listing Google, Microsoft, etc email servers. Usually because some user on that shared email server happened to send out spam.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Weirdly, I've had responses from Volvo even after getting the "bounce" email. So sometimes they do get through apparently.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Weirdly, I've had responses from Volvo even after getting the "bounce" email. So sometimes they do get through apparently.
Yes, the SORBS system will blacklist email servers automatically only for some period of time, or until the offending email server owner (Google in this case) gets their server de-listed. Gmail usually keeps re-trying to send your email, so it often gets thru eventually.

Google has hundreds (thousands?) of email servers. So it’s also likely that you connect to a different email server every time you log into Google, so your email may get sent from a non-blacklisted server.

In any case it’s not something you can control directly - other than complaining to Google, SORBS, and Volvo IT to all get their act together.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, the SORBS system will blacklist email servers automatically only for some period of time, or until the offending email server owner (Google in this case) gets their server de-listed.

Google has hundreds (thousands?) of email servers. So it’s also likely that you connect to a different email server every time you log into Google, so your email may get sent from a non-blacklisted server.

In any case it’s not something you can control directly - other than complaining to Google, SORBS, and Volvo IT to all get their act together.
Ah, live and learn etc etc

·
Registered
'22 XC40 Recharge Ultimate
46 Posts
You're right. I used to be the email admin years ago and I hated SORBS and the process of getting my company's IP addresses off of their block lists.

Coincidentally the email I sent from the Volvo Cars app two days ago went through today, after initially being rejected. This rejection had happened to all of my previous attempts (OK, I only tried twice before 😁) which is why I was so angry and convinced it would never work.

Thanks to Gmail for retrying three or four times to get through the block list! We were getting close to the 72 hour(?) point where Gmail just gives up trying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts