Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Camera Temporarily Unavailable

16K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  travisdscott 
#1 ·
Hi. Has anyone received the Camera Temporarily Unavailable message when in reverse? This has been happening sporadically for me. Very frustrating as I lose my rear camera view while backing up. :mad:

#2 ·
Sounds like time to take it in :( which is just what one does not want to have to do :(

Before that have you done the reboot the system ( yes the it there is a problem turn it on and off equivalent )

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

#10 ·
I doubt that rebooting the infotainment is a permanent fix for this particular issue. I have the April update and I've also experienced the camera not available message, but only one time. Toggling the camera icon brought it right back on. I suspect that this will eventually need to be fixed in a future firmware update where they wait a few more milliseconds before giving up. Maybe our cameras are slightly lazier in responding, but I don't think that they are defective.

Reactions: Ces
#11 ·
Hello, are there any news on this topic or a kind of fix/solution?

i have the same issue. The car is 2,5 years old now and since two months the 360 camera does not work from time to time. I would say every third time I use the car.
I have already been at the dealer and they updated the software. Problem is still there.
Any ideas?
Atmosphere Astronomical object Font Science Space

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Audio equipment
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Audio equipment
Atmosphere Astronomical object Font Science Space

#12 ·
i have the same issue.
The XC40 recharge has a different firmware (Google) than the gasoline models, at least through the current model year. So unfortunately what works for them likely won’t for you, and vice versa. I’m trying to figure out how to handle this distinction on the forum. It can be confusing for non recharge owners who don’t know the nuances. To answer your question, you may have a physical problem with a camera. Try posting your question to a new thread under the Problems forum.