Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has anyone received the Camera Temporarily Unavailable message when in reverse? This has been happening sporadically for me. Very frustrating as I lose my rear camera view while backing up. :mad:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sounds like time to take it in :( which is just what one does not want to have to do :(

Before that have you done the reboot the system ( yes the it there is a problem turn it on and off equivalent )

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like time to take it in :( which is just what one does not want to have to do :(

Before that have you done the reboot the system ( yes the it there is a problem turn it on and off equivalent )

Good luck. Let us know what happens.
Yep. I actually have the car in for service right now. I'll keep everyone posted as to what they come up with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting - I had it happen yesterday. I did the 20-second center button reset and then was fine.
Really good to know - thanks! They updated my software today to the April Infotainment update - technicians said this should fix the camera issue, but we'll see. But at least I know the re-set will work if it happens again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really good to know - thanks! They updated my software today to the April Infotainment update - technicians said this should fix the camera issue, but we'll see. But at least I know the re-set will work if it happens again!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi. Has anyone received the Camera Temporarily Unavailable message when in reverse? This has been happening sporadically for me. Very frustrating as I lose my rear camera view while backing up. :mad:
I noticed it too a couple of times. Comes back in seconds. I think I touched the top part of the screen where it is usually dark, and it came back with a 360 view, and then I tapped the backup camera's image.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting - I had it happen yesterday. I did the 20-second center button reset and then was fine.
Interesting. Is the center reset button located on the right side of the steering wheel? The one that changes the center screen?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
149 Posts
I doubt that rebooting the infotainment is a permanent fix for this particular issue. I have the April update and I've also experienced the camera not available message, but only one time. Toggling the camera icon brought it right back on. I suspect that this will eventually need to be fixed in a future firmware update where they wait a few more milliseconds before giving up. Maybe our cameras are slightly lazier in responding, but I don't think that they are defective.

Reactions: Ces
1 - 10 of 10 Posts