Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Does the XC40 A/C get noisy? Mines usually quiet but sometimes it sounds like the compressor kicks in and its this loud droning sound
I find if range optimizer is on the AC speed never seems to get very high. With optimizer off depending on conditions I have heard it get fast. I also had an issue where HVAC was not really doing anything and then I rebooted and HVAC was back to normal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
YES. I was very concerned that living here in the desert and that glass roof would be a horrible combination, but it actually doesn't seem any different than any other car... The glass is hot to the touch, but so is the rest of the car.... The front windshield lets in a lot more heat than the glass roof does.... I think overall the glass roof is just a gimmick. When driving, you don't really get any benefit from it.. Back seat passengers might, but the driver doesn't.
I live in Las Vegas and this week we got to 103. I agree with Tom that the front windshield radiates more heat than the roof. Just my feeling but the A/C was working well stuck in Las Vegas construction traffic and stop and go driving. When waiting in traffic the car had a message that reminded me that it is ready to drive. I guess the car was thinking that I was just sitting with my foot on the brake. I will see when we get to 115 in the summer.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40
11 Posts
Today is almost exactly one month from when we picked up our C40, and I saw the first C40 in the wild beside ours. It is, of course, another Fjord Blue. I actually didn't expect to see another C40 on the road around here (MN) so soon, but maybe these will sell better than I had thought. I've seen several C40 commercials in the past week, so I guess Volvo is promoting it pretty hard now.

Anyway, how often do you see C40's on the road?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I had some guy follow me to a spot in the Hime Depot parking lot to ask me what my C40 was since I took all the badges off he was not sure what it was.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I live in northern Scottsdale AZ. Yesterday, after three months of exclusive C40 ownership, I finally saw another C40 "in the wild." It was Fjord Blue, so could have been the dealer's demo. In any case, seeing only one other C40 on the street in three months certainly hasn't diminished my feeling that we C40 owners belong to a very exclusive club.:cool:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I live in northern Scottsdale AZ. Yesterday, after three months of exclusive C40 ownership, I finally saw another C40 "in the wild." It was Fjord Blue, so could have been the dealer's demo. In any case, seeing only one other C40 on the street in three months certainly hasn't diminished my feeling that we C40 owners belong to a very exclusive club.:cool:
One additional aspect to consider is the change made to the 2023 C40. It seems the black roof, which I love, will no longer be available. That would make our 2022 C40s easily recognizable as the launch edition. Nice!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
We've had the C40 for almost 3 months now, and the Fjord Blue one I mentioned in the OP is still the only one I've seen in the wild. I kind of want to see a few more of them on the road because I've followed my wife while she drove C40 a couple of times and I enjoyed seeing it in action, something I could never see when I'm driving it. I see tons of Model Y's (what I drive) on the road now, but I kind of like that because it lets me see the car in action. Something about these cars actually driving around on the road is just different than seeing it parked somewhere.

Reactions: Jrainlay

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Saw my first 2023 C40 a few days ago. It was white. That’s only the third time I’ve seen another C40 on the street since March! Meanwhile, Teslas continue to proliferate here in northern Scottsdale. I swear, sometimes it seems like every fifth or sixth car is a Tesla! Here’s to C40 exclusivity! 🍻🍻🍻

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
556 Posts
Been driving the C40 since January of 2022 and I haven't seen a single C40 in Memphis, TN where I live. Mine was the first that was sold and there was another black C40 right after mine, but never spotted it. Out of town on travels, I met a Fjord Blue dude from Chattanooga, TN when he/I were charging in Nashville one weekend. After that none so far, it feels like I am driving a super exclusive car and feel like a Hollywood/Bollywood celebrity with a Blue Carpet Cape flying around town ;0). Let it be this way, until my fantasy driving experience is complimented with many more. I see a ton of Teslas however and that has been the case since Tesla rolled out Model Y (many white colors driving around town, red, and blue not so much).

Here's to the charm, charisma, grace, poise and sexiness of The C40!! 👊 🙌 (y) :giggle:

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
267 Posts
I drive in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan, and I've only spotted another C40 once, a fleeting glimpse of a black one going the opposite direction on I-94 near Ann Arbor. I let out a whoop when I spotted it! According to my dealer there should be a couple more driving around in my town. I've actually seen more Rivian R1Ts and Genesis GV60s (which aren't even sold in Ohio or Michigan) than C40s.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
556 Posts
I drive in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan, and I've only spotted another C40 once, a fleeting glimpse of a black one going the opposite direction on I-94 near Ann Arbor. I let out a whoop when I spotted it! According to my dealer there should be a couple more driving around in my town. I've actually seen more Rivian R1Ts and Genesis GV60s (which aren't even sold in Ohio or Michigan) than C40s.
I saw a Rivian R1T (similar to Fjord Blue) and a Yellow Mustang Mach E in Frisco, Texas charging at an IKEA. They looked slick. Seen a few VWID4 and a few Polestar 2s.
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille

Car Sky Vehicle Grille Hood

Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I saw a Rivian R1T (similar to Fjord Blue) and a Yellow Mustang Mach E in Frisco, Texas charging at an IKEA. They looked slick. Seen a few VWID4 and a few Polestar 2s. View attachment 4837
View attachment 4836
View attachment 4835
View attachment 4834
View attachment 4833
Same here in Scottsdale... I see Mach e examples and even Rivian's way more often than I see XC40's or the even rarer C40. Some nasty damage to the front end body work on the Mustang.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've seen 2 XC40s and 3+ P2s in Chicago, but I've only every seen one other C40. It was either gray or sage green, and they drove away too quickly for me to honk and wave and them. Teslas are super common, followed by KIAs, Hyundais, and some Chevys.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts