Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is almost exactly one month from when we picked up our C40, and I saw the first C40 in the wild beside ours. It is, of course, another Fjord Blue. I actually didn't expect to see another C40 on the road around here (MN) so soon, but maybe these will sell better than I had thought. I've seen several C40 commercials in the past week, so I guess Volvo is promoting it pretty hard now.

Anyway, how often do you see C40's on the road?

Reactions: BigVikC40Dadda

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Recharge Fjord Blue w/ Blue Interior (Previous: 2013 C30 T5 R-Design Premier Plus)
2 Posts
I've also had my Fjord Blue C40 for a month, but I have not seen another one in the wild! (DC Metro/Nova) I've checked the local dealers' websites and they've sold quite a few in the last month.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
…maybe these will sell better than I had thought. I've seen several C40 commercials in the past week, so I guess Volvo is promoting it pretty hard now.

Anyway, how often do you see C40's on the road?
I know there are at least two other C40s in Scottsdale, but so far I haven’t seen any in the wild. Based on our experience to date, the car is a stone cold winner,” so I expect to start seeing a lot more of them on the road by fall. In the meantime we’re enjoying the looks of envy and our membership in the very exclusive C40 club! 😎😎😎

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I have not seen any XC40 or C40 Rechareges. I have seen a few iD.4, Mach-E and Niro EV and a Polestar 2. I see the same EV6 every few days and of course Leafs, Bolts and numerous Teslas.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey Tom, your range taking a hot in this hot weather? Last few days here have been high 90’s and I’m sucking juice
TBH, i haven't noticed.. I don't commute, so the car is just for running errands around town. The AC has been in heavy use this past week and happy to report that it's working pretty great! Was 101 here and the car did fine.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
TBH, i haven't noticed.. I don't commute, so the car is just for running errands around town. The AC has been in heavy use this past week and happy to report that it's working pretty great! Was 101 here and the car did fine.
Is the glass roof keeping a lot of the heat out? I am really getting itchy to get roof tinted, have only found one guy that will do it, he will come to me and $450.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is the glass roof keeping a lot of the heat out? I am really getting itchy to get roof tinted, have only found one guy that will do it, he will come to me and $450.
YES. I was very concerned that living here in the desert and that glass roof would be a horrible combination, but it actually doesn't seem any different than any other car... The glass is hot to the touch, but so is the rest of the car.... The front windshield lets in a lot more heat than the glass roof does.... I think overall the glass roof is just a gimmick. When driving, you don't really get any benefit from it.. Back seat passengers might, but the driver doesn't.

·
Registered
See Forty
256 Posts
On that note, part of me wishes the C40 had a retractable roof but I know I'd keep it closed all the time and wouldn't bother opening to keep heat out. I at least appreciate the light it lets in as well as the fact that theres less paint on the roof to get oxidized and ruined from bird poop. Glass is pretty hearty.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
When I test drove a C40 I perceived less wind noise versus my XC40, and attributed it to the roof. I never open the sunroof anyway, and less noise in the cabin is a bonus.
Our C40 is very quiet. Granted it's only a month old, but there's virtually no wind noise and no annoying rattles or vibrations. Just the sound of the tires and the occasional seam-slap which I think are more noticeable because everything else is so quiet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts