Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really want this but $200 is absurd even for a low volume OEM part. Let’s hope options pop up in the aftermarket
See my note below in response to FVC. It may be worth inquiring with your dealership. Mine ordered one for me at no charge and this was AFTER the sale and I purchased the car in a state different from where I reside. They've received many complaints and agreed it's extremely hot and it should be included with the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And the price appears to be ... just about $200. :sick:
I recommended to the dealership that they include these with every C40 they sell. The roof gets EXTREMELY hot and while people shouldn't be touching it, my wife managed to burn herself (no lingering burn, but pain was inflicted and wife was pissed... 😂) and a child could do the same. NO surface on the interior of a vehicle should get THAT hot. My dealership agreed with me and ordered this for me at no charge as they've had many complaints.

I know this issue is common on electric cars because they use these panoramic roofs as a way to reduce weight, but it really does get extremely hot when sitting in an uncovered parking lot in the summer months in the South. This simple solution should just be included.

I recommend that you contact your dealership and see if they'll do the same for you.

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
174 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't feel it's required... I'm thinking about getting the front windshield tinted for UV protection.. It REALLY lets in the heat.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm seeing a lot lower than that... If I search for part number 32353614 on Volvo Parts & Accessories - Official Volvo Parts Online Store it shows me an MSRP of $173.26, but depending on the dealer I choose to order through it shows me a discounted price of $138.61 or $117.82 or even $110.89. Do you see the same prices?
I know that's the correct part number, but the description in those links say "Sun Curtain", and when I enter the VIN it says it may not fit, so I'm a bit hesitant to place the order. Have you placed an order?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know that's the correct part number, but the description in those links say "Sun Curtain", and when I enter the VIN it says it may not fit, so I'm a bit hesitant to place the order. Have you placed an order?
Well, I ordered it last month from my Volvo dealer and got a 15% discount.
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Brand

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
174 Posts
I haven't yet. I'm not concerned, the description seems reasonable and the online parts catalog seems very incomplete about vehicle compatibility and other details. The prices actually went up a little today because they were running an extra discount which just expired.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't yet. I'm not concerned, the description seems reasonable and the online parts catalog seems very incomplete about vehicle compatibility and other details. The prices actually went up a little today because they were running an extra discount which just expired.
I went ahead and ordered one yesterday to be picked up from our local dealer. I figured if it was the wrong item I should be able to return it. It's pretty expensive even with the discounts, but I don't really think there will be any aftermarket options, at least for quite a while, given how relatively few C40s are out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts