Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A

I heard from my salesman today - not terribly helpful; unless they really did just remove from the sticker? This below is his response to my asking him about it:

And as for the pixel lights, this is standard for the C40’s so that may be why it is not listed but I can assure you that the Pixel technology is what you received. The active bending lights are only switched on in weak daylight or in darkness as well as when the stalk switch's rotating ring is in auto position. The car also needs to be in motion with the main beam or dipped beam activated.​
Thank you for your update. I was hoping that service would have indicated that they found a problem, because I mentioned the lack of bending at night, even with the stalk set to Auto. Well, it sounds like it's not an issue with malfunctioning ABL on just my vehicle if @WSUPolar is reporting lack of functionality also.

Good news is that the fog lights did turn on when taking turns. I could even verify that completly stopped in the garage.

When I speak to my sales person, I will ask if they think it's something that can be added. It would be very useful for night driving in the Colorado wilderness.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just to add to the discussion, I can attest that even though the description "Pixel LED Headlight technology with DRL and ABL" is missing from the MSRP, as well as the "Welcoming / departing LED light sequence (fr/rr)" description (the MSRP only says "rear" not front). The front LEDs are Pixel and the welcoming/departing LED light sequence in the front does exist!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's a wonderful illustration. We just got back from the dealership. They "updated" our software (Already on 2.0), as I was having TCAM issues. Along with that, they said that they tested the ABL in the shop, and said they worked after reprogramming everything. I guess we will see once it gets darker tonight.

·
Registered
C40
37 Posts
That's a wonderful illustration. We just got back from the dealership. They "updated" our software (Already on 2.0), as I was having TCAM issues. Along with that, they said that they tested the ABL in the shop, and said they worked after reprogramming everything. I guess we will see once it gets darker tonight.
No way!!! Oh man - do you know what they did?!? I will reach out to my dealer ASAP!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I am hesistant to think that it's actually been fixed. They kept saying that the Pixel headlights ABL behaves differently than other Volvo models which do not have the Pixel headlights.

We know that it should work as well as seen in Bjorn's video:

I will report back after testing. Here is what the service center did:
Font Material property Paper Parallel Paper product

·
Registered
5 Posts
New C40 owner here. Picked up the car last week. I am on 2.0, and have no welcoming sequence front or rear. Is there anything you had to do to turn the welcoming sequence on or does it just happen automatically? I do have the welcoming lights option turned on in the control panel. My headlights do not state they are pixel, so just assumed there was no sequence.

·
Registered
C40
37 Posts
New C40 owner here. Picked up the car last week. I am on 2.0, and have no welcoming sequence front or rear. Is there anything you had to do to turn the welcoming sequence on or does it just happen automatically? I do have the welcoming lights option turned on in the control panel. My headlights do not state they are pixel, so just assumed there was no sequence.
This is the rear sequence-

As for your headlights does the headlight assembly denote pixel?
Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Gadget Rim

·
Registered
C40
37 Posts
This is what it looks like projected onto a wall:
Well I’ll be damned - mine do the exact same. Just checked in my garage.
So hopefully that means the hardware/chips/requirements are all there and it is only a software issue for me to get them working.
It seems like @C40SilverDawn actually has a wholly different headlight assembly and missing chips to control the rear welcome sequence.
@C40SilverDawn what does your window stick say?
- is this listed “Welcoming / departing LED light sequence (rear)” or “Welcoming / departing LED light sequence (fr/rr)”

·
Registered
17 Posts
I picked up my C40 on Thursday afternoon and noticed that I do not have ABL. The car was built on 3/24/2022. Is it just me or the cars without ABL or Pixel headlights do not seem that great lighting up the road. I will do some more night driving to test it out. However, I love the car and can live without ABL. This car makes me smile every morning.

I am getting older 😕 so my vision might not be that good anymore. But my GTI had ABL and seemed much brighter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I’ll be damned - mine do the exact same. Just checked in my garage.
So hopefully that means the hardware/chips/requirements are all there and it is only a software issue for me to get them working.
It seems like @C40SilverDawn actually has a wholly different headlight assembly and missing chips to control the rear welcome sequence.
@C40SilverDawn what does your window stick say?
- is this listed “Welcoming / departing LED light sequence (rear)” or “Welcoming / departing LED light sequence (fr/rr)”
My window sticker states “Welcoming / departing LED light sequence (rear)”

·
Registered
5 Posts
My sticker says “Welcoming / departing LED light sequence (rear).”

@C40SilverDawn can you post a close up photo of one ofthe headlights?
[/QUOT

Sure, here it is.

Sure, here it is.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Tire

21 - 40 of 58 Posts