Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
How are you mounting front plate without drilling into body?
View attachment 4577
I’ve never put on a front plate on any of my cars and always tell dealership that if the car has holes drilled in it for a front plate, I’ll refuse delivery. Never had an issue in 30+ years

· Registered
445 Posts
There are posts in the XC40 forum on using a bracket that attaches to the tow hook mount.

In California you can pay exorbitant fees to use a license plate sticker.

· Registered
287 Posts
How are you mounting front plate without drilling into body?
I opted not to. If I get a ticket or am forced to, I will 3M the mounting bracket to the front, which I am going to have wrapped soon I hope, and if it ever needs to come off/gets sold to someone who doesn't want it later in life, it's as easy as removing the PPF on the front.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,507 Posts
Front plates are mandatory here in the UK, I haven't ever considered how it's attached, but I'll take a look later and maybe add some photos!
Yep, same in Australia, and you'd get pulled up and get a large fine for sure...a lot different in the "wild west" USA where you can drive 80MPH in a 65 zone and cops wouldn't bat an eyelid...meanwhile here we potentially get a fine for about 3-6 kph over the limit...posted in the mail thanks to the hidden or not-so-hidden speed cameras everywhere. I'm not complaining...haven't had a ticket yet since I've been here (arrived Dec 1999!) Set cruise control at speed limit and watch the scenery go by (slowly). ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts