Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to see what others are cross shopping the C40 with.

For me it was Etron, Tesla Y, XC40, as well as T8 XC60

Truly I’m still torn between the C40 and the T8 XC60.

The 60 gives you more space and options. I also like the range free as if you go over the ~20 miles electric you can use the gasoline.

· Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
296 Posts
MY, Mach-E, ID.4, Q4 e-tron, and XC40.

Basically came down to vegan interior on C40, which wasn’t available on the XC40 at the time. ID.4 was ok but after how nice driving XC40 was there was no competition. Mach-E was decent, but once it was loaded up with options was close enough in price and wait to the Volvo and wasn’t as nice.

· Registered
22 C40 Thunder Grey on Fjord
225 Posts
I’ve had a 4runner for the last 10 years and wanted another one but I couldn’t justify the markups for a truck that hasn’t changed in 10 years. The reliability is amazing but for the price diff between a 21 4Runner and 22 c40 I was sold.

All I saw was the exterior shots and I knew that was the one for me. I placed my order then researched the car, then went to my local dealer and drove a xc40 recharge and kept my reservation. The quality and ride is solid, and the power… the power! Lol

I’m used to stopping about every 200mi (12/14 mpg) for gas so the c40 range didn’t bother me. We have a model y performance in the family, the pet mode and sentry mode is probably it’s only saving grace IMO. The Mach E/id4/Audi didn’t give me that feeling of certainty like the c40 did when I saw them.

· Registered
206 Posts
I already have a Tesla Model Y, so we decided we do not want two of the same or same-ish (Model 3) cars in our household. We were going to get an Audi Q4 Sportback for my wife, but the Audi dealer told me it would probably be toward the end of 2022 before it was available, so I had my wife look at the XC40 and C40 recharge. She liked the coupe style so we went for the C40. I guess when it comes to coupe style electric SUVs, the choices are extremely limited right now.

Reactions: Kamil

· Registered
239 Posts
Was interested to see the Q4 etron sportback, but like others have said, it won't be here in the states till the end of the year. Drove the Tesla 3 and Y, VW ID4 and XC40 recharge.. Liked them all, but the Volvo appealed to me the most. The XC40 was what I was going to get until I saw the pics of the C40 and that just did it for me. Also, i recently drove a friend's Mach E and must say that I'd get that if the Volvos were not available.

· Registered
See Forty
274 Posts
Was interested to see the Q4 etron sportback, but like others have said, it won't be here in the states till the end of the year. Drove the Tesla 3 and Y, VW ID4 and XC40 recharge.. Liked them all, but the Volvo appealed to me the most. The XC40 was what I was going to get until I saw the pics of the C40 and that just did it for me. Also, i recently drove a friend's Mach E and must say that I'd get that if the Volvos were not available.
it was between the Mach E GT and either of the Volvo’s. Honestly was still up in the air until they raised the Mustang prices substantially for 2022. I just don’t see anything else comparable on the market.

· Registered
Red 2022 Late XC40, Yellow 2017 BRZ
1,171 Posts
I prefer the XC40 over the C40, but I'm cross-shopping with:
Nissan Ariya
Lexus RZ
Genesis GV60
Q4 (but probably not)

Of all the cars available in the US market right now, the XC40 is the only thing I'm interested in.

ETA: As for the Q4, Audi keeps pushing back expected delivery dates. There are a lot of unhappy people in the UK who ordered months ago. And they haven't even opened up ordering for the US market yet. It will probably be well into next year before anyone here could get their hands on one.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I prefer the XC40 over the C40, but I'm cross-shopping with:
Nissan Ariya
Lexus RZ
Genesis GV60
Q4 (but probably not)

Of all the cars available in the US market right now, the XC40 is the only thing I'm interested in.

ETA: As for the Q4, Audi keeps pushing back expected delivery dates. There are a lot of unhappy people in the UK who ordered months ago. And they haven't even opened up ordering for the US market yet. It will probably be well into next year before anyone here could get their hands on one.

Nissan - I would not touch as they are so far behind everyone else. and is not due until late 22.
Lexus - good possibility, but will be at least 100HP less from what I understand and also later in 22
Genesis - A lot of possibility, but the styling is not for everyone
Q4 - looks decent, also 100 HP less but will drive more like a traditional ICE SUV This has been on my radar for a while, but color selection is limited and constant delays as you mention.

· Registered
Red 2022 Late XC40, Yellow 2017 BRZ
1,171 Posts
And at this point the XC40 is looking even better to me because it's had a whole year to work out initial production issues (like TCAM) and start getting the software up to snuff. Everything coming out from other marques next year will probably have a similar array of problems (or worse) to deal with over the first year or so.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
And at this point the XC40 is looking even better to me because it's had a whole year to work out initial production issues (like TCAM) and start getting the software up to snuff. Everything coming out from other marques next year will probably have a similar array of problems (or worse) to deal with over the first year or so.
Agreed, they will all have teething issues. Audi may have some advantage due to the number of ID.a sold already and Genesis has been selling over seas for a bit so they will have some history. Lexus being so late to the game scares me, but their reputation for really vetting things during development hopeful works well for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.