Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey C40 rockstars! 💥🔥

I got this slick C40 Tee from Volvo Of America accessories website! Super soft and smooth and it gives a C40 identity to your well being! 🙂. I also got two DNAS Volvo Cup Coasters that really look nice. Swedish stickers and a Bixuan Car Center Console Pad are also forthcoming!

The wheel and tire shine including new car perfume added to my C40 “wheel deal collection” (aka - car polishing routines).

I got a Spigen installed tempered glass screen protector which looks well designed and works well.

Any cool accessories or websites (aside from Volvo and Amazon) I should check out for C40 trinkets? ☝😊

Sleeve Grey Rectangle Collar Font

Liquid Product Cosmetics Food Personal care

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Steering part Automotive tire

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey C40 rockstars! 💥🔥

I got this slick C40 Tee from Volvo Of America accessories website! Super soft and smooth and it gives a C40 identity to your well being! 🙂. I also got two DNAS Volvo Cup Coasters that really look nice. Swedish stickers and a Bixuan Car Center Console Pad are also forthcoming!

The wheel and tire shine including new car perfume added to my C40 “wheel deal collection” (aka - car polishing routines).

I got a Spigen installed tempered glass screen protector which looks well designed and works well.

Any cool accessories or websites (aside from Volvo and Amazon) I should check out for C40 trinkets? ☝😊

View attachment 4287
View attachment 4288
View attachment 4286
Can you link the volvo cup holder inserts? I would like to get those since you can take them out and clean them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you link the volvo cup holder inserts? I would like to get those since you can take them out and clean them.
No you cannot link them. These are two separate and distinct cup holders that fit perfectly in the C40 cup holder! I am really liking them especially because beverage bottles come in all sizes and especially the ones that are thin diameter!

·
Registered
380 Posts
No you cannot link them. These are two separate and distinct cup holders that fit perfectly in the C40 cup holder! I am really liking them especially because beverage bottles come in all sizes and especially the ones that are thin diameter!
By link I’m sure the OP meant provide the website address for the Volvo accessories page where you found these.

·
Registered
315 Posts
There may be some controversy about this, but we love the (overpriced) headrest pillows that Volvo sells (some people don't like the way they velcro over the standard headrest.

We have them in both our cars. They move the headrest position forward to exactly where I feel it should be and make the seat that much more comfortable. They come in a charcoal leather (part 31470565), a charcoal wool (part 31470560), and a blonde leather (part 31470566).

I have to admit that they are stupidly expensive, but if you wait until a holiday, they will almost always be on sale. In my experience Riley Volvo or Faulkner Volvo will be the two dealership pages to look at, because they seem to discount the most. Riley is also active on the Swedespeed forum and will often post a special discount code over there, which you can stack on top of a holiday sale.

We have the black wool ones in one car and the blonde leather ones in the other. Here's what they look like and how they attach.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Car seat cover
Automotive design Car seat cover Head restraint Personal luxury car Car seat
Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Window

Footnotes :
*This is different from the Volvo also now sells a cheaper "comfort pillow" accessory that looks like it might be more for the rear headrests, but I have no experience with that one.
Head restraint Car seat cover Vehicle Car Automotive design

** Also different from the Volvo "neck cushion," which are again outrageously priced. We have one of these for long trips and actually don't recommend it — not sure it really adds much to the comfort of the ride, and it's no better than a cheap thing you could get from Amazon.
Automotive design Car Car seat cover Head restraint Steering part

Reactions: BigVikC40Dadda

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By link I’m sure the OP meant provide the website address for the Volvo accessories page where you found these.
AOOOOP Victory Car Interior Accessories Compatible with Volvo Cup Holder Insert Coaster - Silicone Anti Slip Cup Mat Compatible with Volvo V XC90 XC60 XC40 S90 S60 V90 V60 (Set of 2, 2.75" Diameter) https://a.co/d/cBNOeXa

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AOOOOP Victory Car Interior Accessories Compatible with Volvo Cup Holder Insert Coaster - Silicone Anti Slip Cup Mat Compatible with Volvo V XC90 XC60 XC40 S90 S60 V90 V60 (Set of 2, 2.75" Diameter) https://a.co/d/gpaw4VS
2Pcs Silicone Non-Slip Car Cup Holder Coasters Replacement for Volvo XC60, XC90, S90, V90 2019-2022 car Coasters with car Logo Car Interior Accessories (3 Inch) https://a.co/d/92aBSml

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There may be some controversy about this, but we love the (overpriced) headrest pillows that Volvo sells (some people don't like the way they velcro over the standard headrest.

We have them in both our cars. They move the headrest position forward to exactly where I feel it should be and make the seat that much more comfortable. They come in a charcoal leather (part 31470565), a charcoal wool (part 31470560), and a blonde leather (part 31470566).

I have to admit that they are stupidly expensive, but if you wait until a holiday, they will almost always be on sale. In my experience Riley Volvo or Faulkner Volvo will be the two dealership pages to look at, because they seem to discount the most. Riley is also active on the Swedespeed forum and will often post a special discount code over there, which you can stack on top of a holiday sale.

We have the black wool ones in one car and the blonde leather ones in the other. Here's what they look like and how they attach.
View attachment 4297 View attachment 4301 View attachment 4298

Footnotes :
*This is different from the Volvo also now sells a cheaper "comfort pillow" accessory that looks like it might be more for the rear headrests, but I have no experience with that one.
View attachment 4299
** Also different from the Volvo "neck cushion," which are again outrageously priced. We have one of these for long trips and actually don't recommend it — not sure it really adds much to the comfort of the ride, and it's no better than a cheap thing you could get from Amazon.
View attachment 4300
Awesome! Thanks for sharing and the dealer names as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey C40 rockstars! 💥🔥

View attachment 4287
View attachment 4288
View attachment 4286
got my pack of 4 stickers in! One each on each front door and 1 on the car center console right above the screen! 💥
Automotive design Vehicle Fixture Automotive exterior Car

·
Registered
See Forty
238 Posts
Let us know it turns out, and who knows, maybe you have "on the road" to a new "start-up business"!
I come from a long, proud tradition of Mickey mousing things.

Started with a Square cut out of heavy duty double layer cardboard from a recent TV purchase. Heat tends to warp the stuff so we’ll see how this handles it. Traced the radius of the corners onto paper then onto the board.
Communication Device Gadget Rectangle Beige Wood

Hobby Lobby sells headliner material. I’d have preferred something more premium like suede but this is an experiment at this point, gotta keep costs down. 3M Super 77 spray adhesive handled bonding duties.

Rectangle Textile Sleeve Wood Beige

Next up time to trim to shape with some craft scissors. These have come in handy so many times.

Human body Rectangle Cosmetics Font Beige

Here’s where things stand currently. Still searching out a reflective layer for the top. May use an old foil bubble wrap style sunshade I have laying around. Also need to figure out how I’m going to suction cup it to the glass.

·
Registered
See Forty
238 Posts
Creative and amazing. Wouldn't it be great if you could get some type of a spring that attached to the edges of the shade and put just enough pressure on the headliner to hold it in place?
Im thinking of some swiveling plastic “fingers” that I can slide into place above the headliner to hold it in place. We’ll see!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts