Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I wait for my C40 to arrive, I have been exploring the Volvo VIN decoders on the Web. My VIN has listed as C40 vehicle number 4142 off the assembly line.

Remember the data Volvo generated regarding total C40s sold through 2021. That figure was 1,196. One might assume the variation between sold and built is attributed to dealer demo stock or more likely the time it takes to ship. I like to think the assembly line is full steam ahead. Ha! Interesting? Not! ;)

About Volvo - Sales Volumes - Volvo Cars Global Media Newsroom

Volvo VIN decoder - Lookup and check Volvo VIN Number and Get Vehicle History. (vindecoderz.com)

Reactions: Jrainlay

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
388 Posts
LOL my 2022 XC40 VIN says the car is a 2022 XC60...must have something to do with it being assembled in the China plant.

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
151 Posts
Do you think they are they including C40 pre-orders in their 2021 sales figures? That seems off to me for a car with 0 2021 US sales. Ours should count towards 2022 revenue. The $500 we put down just goes into our purchase or refunded

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think they are they including C40 pre-orders in their 2021 sales figures? That seems off to me for a car with 0 2021 US sales. Ours should count towards 2022 revenue. The $500 we put down just goes into our purchase or refunded
I believe the 2021 sales figures do not include, pre-ordered, built, or shipped. Only when the sale is complete does it count as a sale for the Volvo published figures.
The VIN, however, is based on built.

Reactions: Jrainlay

·
Registered
1 Posts
As I wait for my C40 to arrive, I have been exploring the Volvo VIN decoders on the Web. My VIN has listed as C40 vehicle number 4142 off the assembly line.

Remember the data Volvo generated regarding total C40s sold through 2021. That figure was 1,196. One might assume the variation between sold and built is attributed to dealer demo stock or more likely the time it takes to ship. I like to think the assembly line is full steam ahead. Ha! Interesting? Not! ;)

About Volvo - Sales Volumes - Volvo Cars Global Media Newsroom

Volvo VIN decoder - Lookup and check Volvo VIN Number and Get Vehicle History. (vindecoderz.com)
Pretty cool. I had no idea about decoding the VIN. My C40 VIN has me 389 off the line. Not sure how or why I got mine so early, but I'll take it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts